Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Quick update this weekend, got my new Moog front endlinks in. Adjustables will be needed in the future (there's a bit of preload) but for now these will suffice. Eventually for corner balancing I can just disconnect the sways ahead of time.

All popping/clunking noises are now 100% gone. I can say with some confidence that all the damage of my last track day has finally been fixed. The tally is 2x front sway bar end links, 2x lower ball joints, 2x front lower control arm bushings, 2x lower shock mount bushings, 2x caster arm bushings. :LOL:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Do you have Hotchkis sways front and back? Are they on stiff or soft?

Are you going to go a performance intake, and larger drilled/slotted rotors?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
they were likely on their way out

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Without a doubt, that just gave them the kick they needed.
Do you have Hotchkis sways front and back? Are they on stiff or soft?

Are you going to go a performance intake, and larger drilled/slotted rotors?
Yes, for all my events so far the front has been on stiff and the rear has been on soft. They're both on full stiff now.

Hot air intakes don't give any benefit over the factory cold air intake so that's not useful to me. The stock brakes with good pads, fluid, and lines have more than enough stopping power for my driving level and stock motor. In the future I'll likely do the FIGS oem +1 upgrade with the 2 piece Supra rotors, mainly to cut 10lb of rotational mass and get that sweet sweet directional vaning.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Without a doubt, that just gave them the kick they needed.

Yes, for all my events so far the front has been on stiff and the rear has been on soft. They're both on full stiff now.

Hot air intakes don't give any benefit over the factory cold air intake so that's not useful to me. The stock brakes with good pads, fluid, and lines have more than enough stopping power for my driving level and stock motor. In the future I'll likely do the FIGS oem +1 upgrade with the 2 piece Supra rotors, mainly to cut 10lb of rotational mass and get that sweet sweet directional vaning.
I was thinking of an FIPK, JoesZ, or SRT intake. What about a Supra flywheel, or even aluminum?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was thinking of an FIPK, JoesZ, or SRT intake. What about a Supra flywheel, or even aluminum?
If I need to change the clutch soon I will install a lightweight flywheel, but ideally I'd like to leave the motor completely alone until it's time to gank it out. That realistically won't happen for a year or so, so she's gotta live til then.

jtbask11

That is a bit off. It may not give you a bunch of power. But it does help. It just may not be worth it to you or your level of performance you like.
I don't see the benefit of sucking in hot engine bay air right next to my exhaust manifold when the stock air intake scoops fresh air from the hood. An intake tube might make more sucky noises but that $100 can go much further elsewhere imo. My car is noisy enough as is.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I saved $100 and cut the stock intake tub resonator then jb welded it smooth. all to get engine sound feedback.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Thats why the JoeZ is great. Looks OEM, no resonators, and you drop in a Blitz or K&N filter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Track Day #4 Results

Decided to have some fun at Driveway Austin alumni practice on L1. Did about a session and a half (was the only one for the second session) as a quick shakedown for the car. Was running with a newer M3, a Corvette, and a GT3.

The car feels great. With the new bushings and tightened up rear sway bar the turn in is greatly improved. Hard braking (to the point of ABS) no longer gives any squirm. The car is much quicker to load up when turning as now I'm only moving the shocks/springs and not all the bushings as well.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I also ordered magnetic number plates from trackdecals.com. Very happy with them. I think I'm going to reposition them to line up with the door trim piece, and add a small bit of PPF to the leading edge to prevent them from catching the wind and flying off at 125+.

They look awesome. Combined with the track alignment and tires it's really starting to look like a car that gets driven.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
8 Participants
jtbask11
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing