Lexus IS Forum banner

High Mileage IS300's come here...

328K views 1K replies 981 participants last post by  cha2e 
#1 · (Edited)
lets hear what your at....

01 and im at 160,xxx

#140 ·
169,xxx auto tranny is showing signs of wear but i may just need teh ecu reflashed. did the timing belt, water pump, plugs, thermostat, serpentine belt and fuel system clean all for $900 from the dealer last month so im good to go for a while.

#142 ·
I just rolled over 83k two weeks ago in my '01.. I'll probably be close to 84k this weekend since I'm driving 600 miles to visit my Grandparents.

I'm guessing I'll have around 85k in April or May.. I'll be either driving my beater or bike all winter long. Let the IS take a little rest and do some mods here and there!

#145 ·
New guy, I'll throw mine in. 02 with 114k, everything works and it runs like a top. I haven't owned it long but it is replacing my 4x4 truck that I was tired of filling with gas for 13mpg. I can't believe I waited this long to buy one.

#147 ·
'03 112k As I type it's at Toyota....New battery...clamps...timing belt....water pump.....o2 sensor.....serpentine.....spark plugs.....all fluids changed.....First time for anything....all I've done is change the oil with Mobil 1. Still drives like the day I bought it.

#151 ·
2001, Spectra Blue, 149,xxx... REGULAR maintenance, incl:
timing belt (at about 120k)
transmission flush (at about 135k)
oil changes every 5k (10w-30 - may switch to 5w and synthetic)
add "Z-Max" Engine and Gas treatments 2x per year (I swear by this product)
new rotors (about 100k)
brake pads (may need 4th set soon - AZ is hot!!!)
new radiator (at about 135,000 - AZ is really HOT!!!)
new battery (3rd one at about 120k - see above)
new tires (about every 18-23k - should be better, just recently had it aligned)
get about 280 - 300 miles per tank (depending on how late I am to work)

broken:
CD Player
clip that holds the hood lift rod (thank god for zip ties!)

probably missing some minor stuff, but, I just added HALO's!... that should get me an additional 100k and 10hp out of the car ;)

#160 ·
'02 and just turned 80k...picked it up last weekend. Runs like new :)

I use Mobil 1 ever 5k on all my cars.

#161 ·
02 jus recently purchased with 103,100 miles on it, and within 2 and a half weeks i have already put on over 500 miles, dont think im doing to good, but the car runs great

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.