Lexus IS Forum banner

1441 - 1447 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
2002 MT with 140k miles. I'm the original owner. Biggest repair was the a/c a couple years ago, expensively done by dealer, but better than the local shop that was over charging me and still couldn't figure it out. Replaced two O2 sensors a few years ago, the first done by dealer, the second done by me (easy!).

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would have never thought of changing the radiator either, but I learned the hard way. Mine blew at about 105k on an insanely hot day in CA. $600 for a tow, coolant, and a new radiator and I was back in the game in a weekend easy. I've never had a vehicle this long but I plan on driving it till the wheels fall off.
I'm going to add a stainless radiator to my to-do parts list now. Thanks for the heads up everyone!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just did an Oil change last month at 199,799. Now over 200k and still runs and drives great. Thinking of a 1J Beginning next year.. Love this car!

·
Registered
10 Posts
My ‘02 just turned 149K. What a car it’s been! In my 5 years of ownership I’ve only replaced the radiator, plugs and wires. It’s never let me down and I just put an all new aftermarket exhaust on it due to one cat converter going bad recently. It was worth it and it runs better than ever. These are great cars.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just turned 200k on mine. I just bought it a couple weeks ago at 198k and man does this thing run strong! Doing some regular maintenance items which is to be expected but this car is solid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1441 - 1447 of 1447 Posts