Lexus IS Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
'01 w/180K+. Having 2nd timing belt replaced today actually along with Water Pump, Plugs, Thermostat, Battery, PCV valve and having the fuel injection service done.

Previously had to have my hood latch system replaced (rusted out due to cracked radiator around 85K - also caused rust spot to form underneath hood lip; repaired with rust converter and DIY paint from PaintScratch.com).
I dunno but I think you might take the prize as a highest mileage IS300 on the forum,but what do I know.
We should have a sticky, with the top "10" highest IS300 out there.

·
Registered
4,888 Posts
yeah that's up there man! have some rep :approve:

·
Registered
201 Posts
'01 with 75k and running nice and smooth. 2JZ is a hell of a motor!

·
Registered
844 Posts
my power steering pump just start going bad
ABS sensor dead cuz to low.. =-( stupid me
90k main done at 80k
overall good car cant complain.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Reaching 126,000 and still strong. I just need to buy a new hi-flow cat and weld it to my racepipe. =p
Any recommendations?
-jason

·
Registered
213 Posts
I'm coming in at 102k and have no problems so far (knock on wood)
Hopefully I can get as much trouble free miles as some of you on here

·
Registered
672 Posts
for those high mileaged guys how frequent do you change your oil? Im waaaaaaay passed due lol :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
my 01' is300 has been sitting in my garage 6 months ago but before i stopped it read 198,000 miles. your gonna ask why the cats need to be changed and it's gonna be the first tune up. I've done regular oil changes but timing belt and all that... it's still the original from the factory..., but i suggest nobody wait that long. I took the sparks and the radiator off yesterday, poor thing needs it bad.

·
Registered
537 Posts
for those high mileaged guys how frequent do you change your oil? Im waaaaaaay passed due lol :(
Roughly 6,000-8,000 miles with Mobil1. I think I'm right around 120K now, maybe not quite there.

Rob

·
Registered
319 Posts

137k, using Mobile 1 5w-30 and changing it every 5000 - 6000 miles. Comes out clean and new looking. Car has only had light bulbs burn out. I love Toyota....

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
169,xxx auto tranny is showing signs of wear but i may just need teh ecu reflashed. did the timing belt, water pump, plugs, thermostat, serpentine belt and fuel system clean all for $900 from the dealer last month so im good to go for a while.

121 - 140 of 1447 Posts