Lexus IS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 1447 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Lol this lady in my city has an 02 with 117k on it and was trying to sell it for 18k I was like there is no way! Btw 03 with 44k =)

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Just bought my 02' MSM MT yesterday with about 95,000.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
01 w/ 103,xxx

Only things that have been replaced are the brake pads, and resurfaced front rotors... WOOHOO!

EDIT: and air filter

·
Registered
176 Posts
'01, currently @ 114,xxx miles, still using mobil 1 5w-30, yet no leak and still running strong~ Replaced battery once, resurfaced front rotors, replaced pads once as well and haven't had any major issues. All I need to work on is getting t-belt, water pump, & serpentine belt replaced soon.:pissed:

·
Registered
237 Posts
2001, 193xxx KM, doing 600KM/week :) She's scheduled for a tune up next week :p
I've got a question tho... I bought the car at 174000KM, and the scheduled mileage for timing belt change is 152000... I don't know if the previous owner changed it (no records at Lexus), and I haven't changed it since I've had it, so I dunno... since it's already been 40000+ KM's since it was supposed to be changed and I have no problems, is it safe to assume that it was changed already? When I took off the timing belt cover I saw some markings on the cams... so that could be a good sign?? And how about the water pump and seals? Any urgency to change those?

·
Registered
537 Posts
2001, 193xxx KM, doing 600KM/week :) She's scheduled for a tune up next week :p
I've got a question tho... I bought the car at 174000KM, and the scheduled mileage for timing belt change is 152000... I don't know if the previous owner changed it (no records at Lexus), and I haven't changed it since I've had it, so I dunno... since it's already been 40000+ KM's since it was supposed to be changed and I have no problems, is it safe to assume that it was changed already? When I took off the timing belt cover I saw some markings on the cams... so that could be a good sign?? And how about the water pump and seals? Any urgency to change those?
When the Lexus dealer changed mine the tech put a sticker on the timing belt cover with the date and mileage of the change. If you don't have that then you might want to assume it never happened. I suppose it could have been done by a 3rd party or maybe that dealer just doesn't use a sticker, but for something like this you'd think they would note it somehow. It is too expensive and involved to want someone to repeat without good cause.

Rob

·
300 life
813 Posts
2001 with 32k miles on it running like new enjoy it every chance I get. It has Oct 2000 built date so one of the first to arrive here in the US.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2001 lsd auto 156,966 on the clock. Sounds and drives like new. Mobil 1 every 5k. Rotate tires to keep what is left of any set I buy from wearing any quicker than they should.Second set of rotors and I think 4th set of pads. T-Belt and major service done at 89,000 and will do another major service with plugs @160K.
CE light went on for the first time in its history last week and I change B2S2 02sensor. That my friends is it.
I love this car.

·
Registered
281 Posts
'01 w/180K+. Having 2nd timing belt replaced today actually along with Water Pump, Plugs, Thermostat, Battery, PCV valve and having the fuel injection service done.

Previously had to have my hood latch system replaced (rusted out due to cracked radiator around 85K - also caused rust spot to form underneath hood lip; repaired with rust converter and DIY paint from PaintScratch.com).

101 - 120 of 1447 Posts