Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok first I am not a noob and did try a search but could not find any help. here is the problem: I have an 02 IS with injen intake. when I start the car the idle jumps to around 2200 rpm once it warms up it only drops to about 1200 still way too high imo. I have tried to adjust the nuts around the throttle cable itself with no luck. is there any other way to adjust the idle on our cars please let me know I would like it to idle back at around 750-1000

·
Registered
694 Posts
is your AC on? Did this start happening after the intake or before? Is it auto or manual....

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
manual, no ac on and I dont remember if it was doing it befor the intake or not.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no it is installed correctly

·
Registered
694 Posts
well, a couple things could be done to help the situation. For one, the MAF can be cleaned with air duster or something. I know when i got my car, it had about 36k on it and after about 10k or so i put on a joe-z intake. I took a look at the MAF and thought there was a coating put on it when really it was caked on dust. So i went ahead and cleaned that then i used some throttle body cleaner to make sure that was clean too.

Those two items might help....it sounds like something is causing a restriction in air flow maybe. Im not to sure though. Check those items out, they wont hurt overall to do anyways.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did clean the TB when I put on the intake and took a look at maf sensor when swaping over to the new intake and it looked like new so I don't think that is the problem I also reset the ecu thinking that was what controled the idle that did not help either.

·
Registered
694 Posts
hhmm, i would almost say double check the MAF but after that im at a lost. It could be a faulty TPS too. When you drive and shift does the engine stay at the same rpm longer than normal or does it even go up higher? Usually, the rpms should linger for like 1/4 a seond or even go up just a tad for again...like a 1/4 of a second. If its staying up longer then it could be related to the MAF not understanding the signal correctly but the problem isn't so far out of the norm that a CEL will come on. That goes the same for the idle.

Like i said before, after those items im kinda at a lost. You might need to take it in.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I did look at that thread but it was basicly just the stuff I had already done I guess I will look into cleaning the maf and see where that gets me but if anyone else has an Idea please chime in

1 - 13 of 13 Posts