Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anybody has installed or has known anybody that has installed headlight flashers (Wig Wags). I know they cant be installed on the main headlights beacuse they are HIDs but I want to put them on my DRls/High beam bulbs. I put these on my old vehicles and it worked fine, I was just wondering if there was anyproblems doing this with this light setup. The reason I am doing this is because I am a firefighter and I want these installed, just like the cops have. I know alot about electrical systems in cars (thats what I do for a living) but I just dont have time right now to go out troubleshooting to see if I can interface them, if somebody has already done it.

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
do you use your car as a work vehicle? i'm sure it's illegal but check the inside/out forum

i'm sure the electrical guru's there can help you out

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Being a fireman I have permits that allow me to use them while I am responding. I did a quick check tonight and there is only two wires going to the light, which means the intensity of the light is controlled elsewhere(highbeam/DRL). I just need to know if there is a way to catch the wires somewhere to interface it. I have electrical schematics for the IS300, so I will try to trace out a way if possible.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
zeindog13 said:
I was wondering if anybody has installed or has known anybody that has installed headlight flashers (Wig Wags). I know they cant be installed on the main headlights beacuse they are HIDs but I want to put them on my DRls/High beam bulbs. I put these on my old vehicles and it worked fine, I was just wondering if there was anyproblems doing this with this light setup. The reason I am doing this is because I am a firefighter and I want these installed, just like the cops have. I know alot about electrical systems in cars (thats what I do for a living) but I just dont have time right now to go out troubleshooting to see if I can interface them, if somebody has already done it.

You dont like dashmiser(whelen)?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Na, I am trying not to have anything on the dash. I want a "Undercover Firefighter" look with hide-away strobes and wigwags.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts