Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if it is a haux or not, but a friend of mine called me and told me that the NHTSA is banning the sale of aftermarket HIDs. This means all hids includding upgraded bulbs. It is going in effect Aug 15, 2003, and anyone caught selling hids after that will be penalized 5000 a day.

Ahh. can anyone find any info on this.

-Eddie

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
IS300GTR said:
I am not sure if it is a haux or not, but a friend of mine called me and told me that the NHTSA is banning the sale of aftermarket HIDs. This means all hids includding upgraded bulbs. It is going in effect Aug 15, 2003, and anyone caught selling hids after that will be penalized 5000 a day.

Ahh. can anyone find any info on this.

-Eddie
I call bs

http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/nhtsa/announce/press/index.cfm

no new annoucements

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
Aftermarket HIDs are already illegal unless they are equipped with the automatic leveling system, I don't think this is BS.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
I wouldn't neccessarily call it BS, but i'm sure the gov. is cooking up some new restrictions on HIDs.

·
Registered
114 Posts
kraze8 said:
I wouldn't neccessarily call it BS, but i'm sure the gov. is cooking up some new restrictions on HIDs.
That's because Davis is a FUCK STICk.. I hope his ass get's thrown out..that peice of shit....I'm not bitter at all....anywho deadline is tonight to determine the final tally on whether we can vote him out or not .. my fingers are crossed .(perhaps he'll choke on some of the money he's stealing from the cali folks, and save us the time)

G

·
0 Posts
rominl said:
it's not BS, a lot of sources have stopped selling hid kits already. they aer illegal to begin with anyway
dang that really sucks b/c i was thinking of gettin different bulbs. keep me posted.

·
Registered
266 Posts
ITGuy said:
kraze8 said:
That's because Davis is a f*ck STICk.. I hope his ass get's thrown out..that peice of sh*t....I'm not bitter at all....anywho deadline is tonight to determine the final tally on whether we can vote him out or not .. my fingers are crossed .(perhaps he'll choke on some of the money he's stealing from the cali folks, and save us the time)
What did he do to deserve getting kicked? What's up with him jacking Cali folks?

I think the rumor is BS. I think the gov does not ban the sale of "safe" items such as HIDs. They may ban the use.

I say safe b/c its not like drugs, guns, etc.

·
Registered
8,895 Posts
ITGuy said:
kraze8 said:
That's because Davis is a f*ck STICk.. I hope his ass get's thrown out..that peice of sh*t....I'm not bitter at all....anywho deadline is tonight to determine the final tally on whether we can vote him out or not .. my fingers are crossed .(perhaps he'll choke on some of the money he's stealing from the cali folks, and save us the time)
I meant gov. as in government, not the govenor of Cali. :lol:

although, i do agree that the govenor of Cali is a dumbass who should be kicked out of office. dumb focker increased out car registration to triple!!! :pissed: :bitching:

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
kraze8 said:
ITGuy said:
kraze8 said:
I meant gov. as in government, not the govenor of Cali. :lol:

although, i do agree that the govenor of Cali is a dumbass who should be kicked out of office. dumb focker increased out car registration to triple!!! :pissed: :bitching:
not to mention how much in he put us in debt :bitching:

·
Registered
960 Posts
ITGuy said:
kraze8 said:
Ummm NHTSA is a National or Federal organization. Davis has little to do with them. Besides, his days are numbered anyway. :D

·
Registered
4,579 Posts
The California contingent on this board sounds to be some less-than-sharp Republican types. I was looking at the recall signature tallies today and four counties; San Bernadino, Orange, San Diego and Los Angeles represent ninty percent of the signatures for the recall. This would be like CA, NY and MA recalling George W. Bush.

This recall election is pure opportunism by the Republican powers that be and would have found zero traction without the economic recession. I hope that an opponent more formidable than Bill Simon will be on Republican side of the ballot this time. Perhaps, a dose of gubernatorial new blood will galvanize the Golden State's flagging economy. :roll:

Limiting HIDs to factory setups would be a move in the right direction because poorly installed aftermarket lights can, and often do, blind oncoming traffic. Grey Davis' egomaniacal desires notwithstanding, I don't think that an outright ban of HIDs is in the offing in California or anywhere else in Amerca, for that matter.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
The guvment will never take my HID's! Never!! If it is true you can blame it on those damn ricers putting in 8000k bulbs tryin to look "pimp for their fly homies and honeys." :roll:

·
Registered
266 Posts
michaelericchan said:
ITGuy said:
kraze8 said:
What did he do to deserve getting kicked? What's up with him jacking Cali folks?

I think the rumor is BS. I think the gov does not ban the sale of "safe" items such as HIDs. They may ban the use.

I say safe b/c its not like drugs, guns, etc.
Holly crap...I must have been fu(king more tired last night than I thought.

I thought he meant David instead of Davis. Sorry guys.

·
Registered
317 Posts
choi0706 said:
rominl said:
it's not BS, a lot of sources have stopped selling hid kits already. they aer illegal to begin with anyway
dang that really sucks b/c i was thinking of gettin different bulbs. keep me posted.
well apparently they are banning the sales of hid KITS, so i am not suer about hid bulbs yet. and banning the sales of hid kits don't mean they are banning hid. factory hid have much better cut off line

1 - 19 of 19 Posts