Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought replacement 10k bulbs from DDM and they look more like 8k I was going to buy the 12k from them but then i was thinking is it the factory ballast that it is not putting out the power to light the bulb to the blue color.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I bought replacement 10k bulbs from DDM and they look more like 8k I was going to buy the 12k from them but then i was thinking is it the factory ballast that it is not putting out the power to light the bulb to the blue color.
bulbs may take time to burn in. has nothing to do with factory ballast since they are only 35 watts. 55watts would wash out the color

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
IMHO 12k is useless and glares the oncoming traffic which can be dangerous.

Check the chart below and this has been discussed many times here...5k-6k is closest to sunlight bright white and more efficient than the blue or purple 10K or 12K = "rice".

...and you might want to read this article too: Dangerous, illegal, blue headlight bulbs

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
theoretically speaking the 4300k is brightest, but I will have to say I have better visibility with my 6000k setup. Maybe I see the white better on the road :) or I am just bias

As a matter of fact, 4300k has the highest visibility. I don't like the color as much as my current setup, 6000k's with my projector retrofit and 3000k hid fogs. The setup I have turns heads with the projectors though imo. I see for miles down a road haha

oh and for the response to the question...

it will take a good amount of hours for your bulbs to completely burn in, if they are 35w they will eventually be blue, 55w will just completely be sky blueish

·
Premium Member
27,022 Posts
theoretically speaking the 4300k is brightest, but I will have to say I have better visibility with my 6000k setup. Maybe I see the white better on the road :) or I am just bias

4300K outputs more light... but people usually associate "whiter" with brigher.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.