Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought an 01 Lexus IS300 in July. When I was driving the car yesterday, the passenger side bulb went out. I seached the fourm, and know I have to get the D2R bulb. My question though is what temp are the stock bulbs (6k, 8k)? I went over to pep boys and they quoted me $125 installed for one bulb :suspiciou . Please help a fellow IS member out..

Thanks for your time!

BTW I never posted my car here so heres a quick pic.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
Nice ride. Looks like a former .Netters ride, forget his name though.

Anyway, stock bulb temp is 4300K. That price is too much for one bulb. You can get a pair of quality bulbs for that price.

I would get two, because even if you get 4300 bulbs they will be different in color due to the age of the other bulb.

·
Registered
271 Posts
get some off ebay for like $70 for both bulbs. I have had them for over 8 months with no problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep his name was Steve, great guy i brought the car of him in July.

I just ordered the HIDs off ebay.

Thanks for all the help!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, it turns on but the color turns orange/yellowish then it goes off in like 2 mins.

Switching bulbs is a good idea, its just that to get the driver side headlight bulb out is gonna be a pain, I'd like to aviod that. I mean I might have to, but if someone else experienced the same issue, they could tell me if its the bulb or something else.

Thanks!

·
Registered
353 Posts
the hardest part is getting the little screws behind the fender but it isent that hard umm i think there is a write up somewhere try changeing the bulbs if u still have a problem like i did then change the balest and then u have brand new bulbs anyway

1 - 8 of 8 Posts