Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I installed an h11 HID kit in my 08 IS250, the light looks terrible and I have shops telling me that the HIDs won't work in my halogen projector housing….is this true? if not then what are my options to get a better light thats not halogen?

ALSO: does anyone know how to bake open the headlights properly? Im nervous lol

·
Registered
246 Posts
That's weird. I helped my friend install aftermarket HIDs into his halogen 08 IS250 years ago. Output was great. Cutoff line didnt change. No scattered spots.

You sure the bulb is sitting straight and secure?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's weird. I helped my friend install aftermarket HIDs into his halogen 08 IS250 years ago. Output was great. Cutoff line didnt change. No scattered spots.

You sure the bulb is sitting straight and secure?
The thing is that the bulb won't "lock" into place like it should and the light is all scattered, really can't see anything. Mid December I'm gonna remove the headlight and try one more time before my final resort which is retrofitting it.

·
Registered
246 Posts
^hmm. We installed the HIDs without removing the headlights. So I would think it'd be a breeze to make it fit right if you removed the headlights. The bulb is correct right?

Pics of halogen and the HID bulb side by side?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^hmm. We installed the HIDs without removing the headlights. So I would think it'd be a breeze to make it fit right if you removed the headlights. The bulb is correct right?

Pics of halogen and the HID bulb side by side?
yes they're both h11

·
Registered
251 Posts
You basically blind people putting HID in a halogen projector. I see it all the time especially in hondas who put projectors aftermarket and then add HID to it and blind everyone. Personally i've always put HID projectors in my cars that didn't have them to begin with. My 3000gt had projector but not HID ones so I put TSX projectors in it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts