Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The price says it's 14,800 Yen so it's almost the same as 138.00 US. It claims that after you turn on your lights for 30 seconds, the lights turn 'white' or 'NOT AS BLUE' during day time... but after you change the bulbs, they stay BLUE at all times...even after you turn off the lights, the housings still show blue... interesting huh? But too bad I can't read too much of it so don't know about the details of ordering... anyone?

·
Registered
387 Posts
I think those bulbs are for Japanese Altezza and IS200 where HID is not avaliable. For the IS300 with HID, I don't see a necessarity of switching into those kind of bulbs. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not to start anything but we had this discussion over at acura CL and look at this pic

if this was for HID bulb (xenons) wouldn't they show it compared to a Xenon and not a Halogen bulb I'd say that these are replacement halogens made to look like xenons. Or remotely possible that they are xenons that fit a holgen socket but don't they require 25,000 volts or so and I don't think a hologen bulb socket could handle that I think that these are RICE for people who don't have HID and Don't want to do a HID conversion but want HID lights

[This message has been edited by FL CL-S (edited December 24, 2000).]

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
Xenon does not mean that the lighting system is HID. I've seen normal bulbs that are xenon filled instead of halogen filled.

It just so happens that our HID system uses xenon gas.

When you refer to Xenon bulbs, you don't necessarily mean HID...so just say HID when you mean it.

As for the lighting system...it really sounds like it a halogen bulb replacement. PIAA costs over 120 or so, and they are just bulbs. I have a hard time believing that a specialty HID set of bulbs would only cost $140.

·
Registered
3,132 Posts
Looks like a DIY conversion kit. I translated the page with Babel Fish and it talks about using extra caution when working with your HID bulbs while slipping on that Blue sleeve and the spring thing.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
that's the is200 in one of the asian countries.

those cars don't come with hid's so that's just a conversion to turn normal stock bulbs into "hid" lookin ones

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
A blue cover will only decrease the brightness of the HID. Why don't you just go buy some 6000k D2R bulbs!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts