Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was wondering if swapping out the bulbs in my stock HIDs to 6000k HIDs would effect the Bi-exion feature in the headlights (turn adjusting). Also, has anyone installed HID Fog lights yet and how difficult would it be?

Also, there's a guy that was at the Anaheim meet that is a distributor for some HID company and can get a set for $250 in any color. It's a pretty sweet deal and if we come in a package, we may be able to negotiate a discount. Anyone interested PM me. This deal may be good for outside SoCal.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
hogchow said:
I was wondering if swapping out the bulbs in my stock HIDs to 6000k HIDs would effect the Bi-exion feature in the headlights (turn adjusting). Also, has anyone installed HID Fog lights yet and how difficult would it be?
I have not taken a close look, I think it the shutter function is independent of the bulb, and it is part of the housing. I posted some pics a while ago on how the mechanism worked, let me see if I can find them.

hogchow said:
Also, there's a guy that was at the Anaheim meet that is a distributor for some HID company and can get a set for $250 in any color. It's a pretty sweet deal and if we come in a package, we may be able to negotiate a discount. Anyone interested PM me. This deal may be good for outside SoCal.
Sounds sweet. Bulb and ballast?

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Check out this illustration. Got it straight from the Lexus documentation we were given at the Lexus Press event back in August '05 before the cars were launched.

http://my.is/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4753

From this illustration, it clearly shows that the bi-xenon functionality is independent of the bulb.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
METEORO said:
Sounds sweet. Bulb and ballast?
Yes sir, $250 for bulb and ballast. Comes with a 1-year warranty on bulb and ballast. He also has a $300 set-up that includes igniters with a 2-year warranty.

PM me if interested. I wanna get a group deal within a week. Not sure how much shipping is going to cost, but it shouldn't be terribly costly.

·
Cone Killer
7,315 Posts
Thanks,
I will let you know...remember as per rules of the site, no group buys allowed.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
METEORO said:
Thanks,
I will let you know...remember as per rules of the site, no group buys allowed.
yessir

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've got 3000K yellow HID fogs in my car. They were a big pain in the ass to install because you've got to take off the fender linners.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey i'm interested in the Hids. How hard is it to install the hids yourself or do i have to take it to the dealership or a shop to have them put on?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Michael said:
I'm interested in this too!

ive done them and they are not that hard took me about 15 minuts each light...
PM me or post back and ill try to explain as best as possible ....

Attachments

·
Registered
237 Posts
Hey Michael so what kind of hids do you have on your car and how much did you pay for them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts