Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a ballast go out on me a while back so I've disconnected my HID setup and I've been driving around with my Halo's and Fogs. Pretty nice setup, I've turned a few heads.

But not that turning heads feeling is wearing off and I wanna be able to see at night, lol.

Problem is that OEM ballasts weather they be used or new, cost more than just buying a whole new aftermarket kit. I just wanna know if anyone has purchased an aftermarket HID kit (Still d2r) and if it has affected quality in any way?

So, should I shove out the 100+$ for one ballast
Or look for an entire kit for $x<80$

·
Registered
6,193 Posts
If it were me, I would get an OEM ballast. Get it done right the first time, and be done with it.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
just get an aftermarket 6000k D2R hid kit and be done with 8000k is useless not enough usable light as a 6000k

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
What did u decide? BTW my 8K is not bluish LoL

^^^ yep yep. Most 8k bulbs are blue ricer lights. If you get 8k, don't forget to add blue neon lights under the car, cause the car won't look good without em.

AND who said that 8K kit are ricer. Theres a lot of members here run 8K's like this one

I run 3 sets of HID's.....8K low, 6k high and 3k (yellow) for my fogs.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
If you're doing for the "looks" that's understandable but I assume you know that as you go up in temp the lighting intensity goes down. I'm no expert mind you, it's just what I've been able to glean from HID Planet. Philips just came out with a new bulb called "Crystal Vision" (85122CX). It's a 5000K bulb in either D2R or D2S. Philips makes a 6000K bulb called the Ultinon and PIAA has a 6600K called the Super Cobalt.

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
Been awfully busy at work except for today ;) I paid off the car in Nov and I just lost interest in doing more mods thinking that I've done enough. Now I'm going back to look at mods that I wasn't always happy with and now I'm formulating a plan to do a brand new set of headlights which is why I've been spending alot of time at HID Planet and sending numerous PMs to mikedtrd :lol:

Are you pleased with your Supercharger?

Many thanks for your feedback on the exhaust. It's still hands down the best mod I've ever done. :approve:

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
I must say that I admire what Chado does. He's very meticulous and detailed and that's coming from me! :lol:

So you have the stock LSD?

When the headlights are done, it will be a thing of beauty. :yummy:

·
Latex salesman
4,046 Posts
I would say that Chado and I live the Lexus philosophy...."the relentless pursuit of perfection" :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.