Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if you have hids, what's your personal favorite tempature combo with headlights and fog lights? I have 8,000k low beams/high beams matched with 3,500k fogs. I love the combo, just curious what every one else has/likes the most. :approve:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have the factory temp now with the yellow fogs, but I was thinking of swapping the fogs out to match the heads. I bought two clear lenses from an rx300 that replace the yellow ones. i'm torn on that or just getting a low (yellow) temp HID for the fogs and leaving them.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
That's sounds bright. you fit in with a lot of other guys running that setup. I like to see down dark roads, and 8k doesn't work for me. It rains here and we don't have street lights down suburban streets. So Im stuck with 6k driving lights

I have the factory temp now with the yellow fogs, but I was thinking of swapping the fogs out to match the heads. I bought two clear lenses from an rx300 that replace the yellow ones. i'm torn on that or just getting a low (yellow) temp HID for the fogs and leaving them.
Im guessing you have an 01-02 with yellow lenses. Im wondering if you knew that 03-05 fogs have clear lenses? The fog housing are interchangeable with all yrs, just need to splice H3 plug from a 9006 plug. which isn't hard and saves time.

Either way, good luck with your mod

·
Registered
838 Posts
Im guessing you have an 01-02 with yellow lenses. Im wondering if you knew that 03-05 fogs have clear lenses? The fog housing are interchangeable with all yrs, just need to splice H3 plug from a 9006 plug. which isn't hard and saves time.

Either way, good luck with your mod

yes, mine is an 02 and I did not know that. Are you talking about just a yellow focus lense or the entire outter lens is yellow? my outter lense is clear, but my my focus lens is yellow

·
Registered
633 Posts
Running 3k in my fogs and 6k for headlamps. Considering going back lower to 5k or maybe... just maybe 4300 simply because I want more usable light.

·
Mr. Roo
9,583 Posts
I use 3000k in the fogs (what else) and 5000k in the head lights. Works perfect for me, I love the stock look too much to change it.

That's sounds bright.

Im guessing you have an 01-02 with yellow lenses. Im wondering if you knew that 03-05 fogs have clear lenses?

1) 8000k is not bright lol
and 2), ALL of the fog lights sold here were yellow, all 5 years. I have both sets.

·
Registered
778 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah I was running the 8000k's before I figured out what I was supposed to do to get the fogs going and it was a lil harder to see but since I got them going I love the look/visibility aspect. seems to work pretty good now.

·
SEAHAWKS!!
10,782 Posts
1) 8000k is not bright lol
and 2), ALL of the fog lights sold here were yellow, all 5 years. I have both sets.
The 8k is bright when your driving towards the car that has them on their car. :cool:
Really, maybe im mistaken with jdm fogs. I get confused sometimes :blush:

·
Registered
838 Posts
lol, yes blue lights are quite glaring.

The USA fogs were all yellow, but JDM had the clear ones!

I bought clear lens' from a rx300's headlights i believe and they're supposed to be a drop-in for the yellow fog lens. Does that sound right to you guys? Id' just have to open them up and swap.

·
Super Moderator
19,540 Posts

·
Registered
838 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts