Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any of you guys had this, how long did it take you to install it? I figure it probably comes with the step by step, but what takes some people 10 minutes might take me an hour! And does anyone know if this thing works while your driving? Thanks for any info?

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
step0596 said:
I was wondering if any of you guys had this, how long did it take you to install it? I figure it probably comes with the step by step, but what takes some people 10 minutes might take me an hour! And does anyone know if this thing works while your driving? Thanks for any info?
I have it and it works great. It took me approximately 20 minutes to install since I checked all the wiring about 10 times. Yes, it has a step to step instructions...very straight forward. You can use it while you're driving but you won't be able to tell the HIDs are moving since your frame of reference is also moving.

I told this to everyone if you decide to get it, make sure you install it while the sun is still out. Have a flashlight in handy because it's hard to distinguish a black wire with orange stripe from a black wire with brown stripe.

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
yeah some people get confused with the install....but its not that bad.

I have them as well, cool product.

More for show though really. To get the :eek: look when people see them move! :D

·
Registered
33 Posts
i wonder since often when we drop our car the leveler has problems...will installin this before the drop help out in case the shop messes it up...will it work regardless of the positioning of the bracket ....does that make any sense?

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
phase2lex said:
i wonder since often when we drop our car the leveler has problems...will installin this before the drop help out in case the shop messes it up...will it work regardless of the positioning of the bracket ....does that make any sense?

ummm im not sure.....

i think the light still might come on when the HLC is off.
Because the hlc does nothing to the stock controller!
It just taps into, but it might! :)

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
phase2lex said:

ummm im not sure.....

i think the light still might come on when the HLC is off.
Because the hlc does nothing to the stock controller!
It just taps into, but it might! :)

·
Registered
538 Posts
The problem when you drop the car are simply due to the mechanical sensor linkage near the wheel being twisted 180deg out of phase and the computer throws a code because it sees the sensor stuck at this position and unable to ever move again until dealer readjustment.

I dont know if the HLC will work during this stuck sensor condition since I haven't dropped my car yet?

phase2lex said:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts