Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search looking into this but what I was looking for was a consensus on the quality HID kits on the market. I did a Google search last night and there are literally 100s of companies out there selling these kits. What are the "recognized" companies that produce a quality kit? Thanks.

·
Maxed out Rep Club Member
14,279 Posts
I have the Oracle kits that AAC sells. I have them in my fogs and hi beams. They were very easy to hook up.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I did a search looking into this but what I was looking for was a consensus on the quality HID kits on the market. I did a Google search last night and there are literally 100s of companies out there selling these kits. What are the "recognized" companies that produce a quality kit? Thanks.
I've always prefered to use OEM equipment matched to rebased bulbs, that way you know 110% it's designed and produced very well.

Might just be me though.

Reactions: Mayo

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Oracle kits that AAC sells. I have them in my fogs and hi beams. They were very easy to hook up.
Thanks buddy. I did see that last night when I did a search and everyone seems to be satified with that kit.

I've always prefered to use OEM equipment matched to rebased bulbs, that way you know 110% it's designed and produced very well.

Might just be me though.
I assume you're referring to DENSO? That's a great idea. + rep

Reactions: RollinIS300

·
Back road boosting
3,517 Posts
I have a 3000k MuCulloch kit. It was a little more money then other kits out there but I read some reviews and decided to spend the extra money.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking of the idea of going with an OEM DENSO ballast but I don't understand if a ballast with work with any application? I would need this for a 9006 bulb but I want it in a 6000K. It may be the most ecomomical and "safe" way to go since it's OEM.

BTW, I have read some good reviews on the McCulloch and Oracle brand kits.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Many thanks albee. I think that deserves some rep.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I assume you're referring to DENSO? That's a great idea. + rep

Denso would work just fine.. Pretty much any OEM ballast would be great.. Hella/philips etc.

Some are more superior than others in terms of weather-proofing, and how they utilize their ignitors..

These Hella/Philips generation 3 ballasts are my choice unless I need a slimmer package(like the gen 4's). The ignitors are internal and don't hang off the back of the bulb like some other designs.

I also prefer to make my own wiring harness, so I know for a fact that it's built for the long haul.

HID kits have been very hit or miss for me.. Same brands, same exact kits(including McCulloch). One fails in two weeks, another is still going strong two years later. You just never know unless you go OEM.

With that said, I have no opinion or experience towards the AAC Oracle kits. I'm sure a high failure rate was an issue, it would be posted very vocally here on the forums.

·
Latex salesman
5,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Outstanding. Many thanks for the feedback. You definitely deserve some rep. :approve:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts