Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im planning on purchasing some HIDs for my fogs. Where could i purchase some PIA bulbs? Next What size should i be looking for? And What K level. example: 6000K er what? if my questions sounds dumb sorry imma noob at this stuff. The look im really going for is bright yellow fobs FYi. and lasty could i just replace the stock bulbs or do i have to do something to get them to fit?.. thanks for the info..oh and if you recommend a certain K level for a good yellow lookin fog please post picture of the example of how it would look. thanks

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
What your gonna need to do is buy an HID kit thats used for headlights. There are plenty of people on here that sell them. Pm nigelll i believe he sells these. If you want a nice yellow/gold look. Go with 3000k, thats what i have on my car and i love em. They fit in the stock location, no real wiring needed, should be plug and play. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh ok thanks for the info. now what size bulbs shouldi get. oh yeah and when i said example 6000k i was just explaining what i meant by k level

·
Registered
652 Posts
Depends on what year is your IS
I believe 01 - 02 have 9006's and 03-05 have something different (maybe it's H3), somebody help me out here lol.

·
Registered
195 Posts
yea 02 is 9006 plugs...i believe 03+ are H3 plugs. 3000k will give you the yellow look your talking about. i too have an 02 also, went with JDM clear fogs and 6000k HID though. pretty much the higher the "k" value/number, the bluer it gets or more color it gets i should say. they say 5000k is actually the pure white(daylight as they refer it too), where the 6000k, is about the same, slight hint of blue from angles...hope it helps

·
Premium Member
23,314 Posts
If you want to have a nice bright yellow you want 3000k......

There is a member on here named Nigellll that sells plug and play HID kits. For 01-02 you want 9006 (bulb size) kits and 2003-2005 you want H3

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aright thanks everyone . So basically 9006 3000k. is what im lookin for. but i just have 3 last questions. How Much are the JDM clear fogs and where can i find them. Lastly whats "Nigell's" username so i can pm him?

·
Latex salesman
5,635 Posts
I recommend that you contact Justin at AAC. They are having a sale on HID fog kits. I recently purchased a 6000K kit for my Carson fogs to match my 6000K HID headlights.

Reactions: -Tom-

·
Registered
5,155 Posts
Aright thanks everyone . So basically 9006 3000k. is what im lookin for. but i just have 3 last questions. How Much are the JDM clear fogs and where can i find them. Lastly whats "Nigell's" username so i can pm him?
If you want yellow fogs you don't need the clear fog lenses, it's only when you don't want yellow fogs and have yellow fog lenses that you need to change to the clear ones.

3000k HID kit will work just fine with the stock yellow fog lenses that come on some IS years. I have a '01 so my lenses are yellow and I have a 3000k kit, looks great.

There, I just saved you $200 :)

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Its not going to be any brighter, i suggest the 3000k bulb, because if you get a higher kelvin rated bulb ie: 6000k or 8000k its probably going to look green :lol:

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Alright i geet it 3000k bulbs. now wheres the best place to get them. any site in particular?

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
If u want 6k I suggest u either get jdm fogs or sand off the yellow that's wat I did..the bulb size is 9006 for the fogs

·
Registered
3,705 Posts
If u want 6k I suggest u either get jdm fogs or sand off the yellow that's wat I did..the bulb size is 9006 for the fogs if u wanna see wat 6 k looks like jus loot at my pics

·
Registered
131 Posts
If you use an 8000k bulb you will get green colored fogs with the stock lenses. 8000K is not "brighter" as you will see less light on the road. The kelvin rating is just for the color. The higher the "K" the less the road will effectively light up but the more you get blues and purples. The bulb wattage and ballast wattage refers to the "brightness" but that's a whole different conversation.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts