Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I installed my HID kit right after I got my IS250 over 2 years ago.

This is the link:
KBcarstuff - Your one stop auto accessory super shop. Proudly serving the automotive industry since 2001!

They used to be XenonDepot.com

Their Tech Support is A+. Prices are just right, and their Kits are very very good quality. And best of all, they use separate connections for each side so even if anything burns out on the system, only one light will go off, and not both as with many cheap kits.

Also, they use a separate Ignition for the lights that is connected directly to the Battery, so you don’t kill the fuses and in general the entire stock light system in your car.

They have pretty much the entire Light Spectrum of colors to choose from… lol But I recommend either 4300K (same as stock) or 5000K if you wish to stay legal and have the very best white light. Anything higher will be going into blue and then purple and that is not good for your eyes and visibility in general.

I recommend their kits 100%.

You can search for my posts, done back in 2008. I posted pictures of it before and after.

·
Registered
53 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
OMG these are supercheap...

toHn
Yeah. I wish I had the link when they made the announcement back in Dec of their new pricing strategy. If you google forums from a year ago, you'll see they were just like any other HID kit: avg price, avg performance (from experience, regardless of who manufactured retail kits, I'd say 1 out of 10 kits have issues such as DOA or 1 side being brighter than the other). I guess when they took over the manufacturing process, they upped the quality control.

Of the few complaints you'd see in forums, it's a very small number but they happen to be vocal. They sell tons of these but not everybody writes reviews. Even here on my.is, I'm sure many more people buy mods but don't announce them. Heck I'd be on the downlow, wouldn't want someone stealing my HID's. :)

Dr J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.