Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was looking at the web site lextasy.com, they state the stock lex has the hid bulb that are 43000 in strength, they sell a bulb for the lexus that is 80000 in strenght, they state the same as the bmw/s2000/audi a4, does anyone know is there any truth to this, they want $250.00 for a set of these bulbs

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
rburt said:
i was looking at the web site lextasy.com, they state the stock lex has the hid bulb that are 43000 in strength, they sell a bulb for the lexus that is 80000 in strenght, they state the same as the bmw/s2000/audi a4, does anyone know is there any truth to this, they want $250.00 for a set of these bulbs
it's true but you won't see much with 8k

anything above 5-6k (depending on the maker of the bulb) will not penetrate as far as say a 3-4k bulb.

Don't get me wrong - THEY are bright as heck and on the deep blue/purple side - but it's really hard to see much compared to the stock bulb

·
Registered
2 Posts
dont go to lextasy he is a rip off go to this website for ur bulb upgrade or hid conversion kit ......ask him to match or beat the price this guy rips everybody off www.misterjung.com this guy gives it for cheaper and shows pictures of what they look like

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
The 4300 is the color, not the strength. The 8000 will be really blue. The post above is correct. The 8000K will not light up the road very well at all and it will cause discomfort for oncoming drivers. Then they start turning on their high beams and blind you.

·
Registered
673 Posts
i have 8000ks, they are bright as FUCK. trust me, using stock ballasts and new 8000ks looks damn good. MUCH brighter than stock. they are the same voltage bulb as stock as well.

pictures in sig. slightly bluer by about 300k.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts