Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a HID Bulb for my front headlight for my 2003 IS300. Mine recently crapped the bed. Thanks.

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
New Raybrig 5000k 200 shipped

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
i have one barely used, make me an offer.

·
Blue Devil
4,671 Posts
if you're gunna be changing them out, might as well get a set of 8000k or 10,000k or 12,000k (the higher the k the more "blue" they are). 25,000k is BRIGHT purple and you'll get pulled over pretty quickly. 8000k is a nice bright whiteish blue. you can get a set on ebay for 60, 70 bucks and they're pretty simple to change yourself.
or if you prefer, ill give you the phone number of the company that shipped them to me, they have whatever k you want, shipped for about $65

hint: make sure the bulbs you get are D2R or D2C!!

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
single oem bulb
32 shipped

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
single oem bulb
32 shipped
Altezza_maniac i'll turn to you for help since i see you everywhere. Right now my stock hid headlight is starting to act up on me and i want to get new bulbs. Was wondering if i can go to a higher K like 6000K by just replacing the bulbs or do i need to get the ballast and how much would this cost me?

Reactions: ALtEZZA_mANiAC

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
Altezza_maniac i'll turn to you for help since i see you everywhere. Right now my stock hid headlight is starting to act up on me and i want to get new bulbs. Was wondering if i can go to a higher K like 6000K by just replacing the bulbs or do i need to get the ballast and how much would this cost me?
getting a 6k bulb should be safe.
i have been running 6k bulbs for 2 years now and i haven't run into any problems yet

Reactions: UnderdogIS

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
i have been running 6k bulbs for 2 years now and i haven't run into any problems yet
what type of bulbs are you using and how much did they cost you if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Where did u get your bulbs? My OEM just blew this afternoon installing my Halos. I want the 6000k bulbs

·
Premium Member
5,701 Posts
if you're gunna be changing them out, might as well get a set of 8000k or 10,000k or 12,000k (the higher the k the more "blue" they are). 25,000k is BRIGHT purple and you'll get pulled over pretty quickly. 8000k is a nice bright whiteish blue. you can get a set on ebay for 60, 70 bucks and they're pretty simple to change yourself.
or if you prefer, ill give you the phone number of the company that shipped them to me, they have whatever k you want, shipped for about $65

hint: make sure the bulbs you get are D2R or D2C!!
Don't do this.

Sure they are more blue. Big deal. 8000k + have the same lumens as halogens lights, so you won't see shit. Stick to stock.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts