Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with aftermarket hid suppliers.
I am interested in outfitting my 250 with a 8000k.

thanks in advance.

D

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm definitley not diggin' the lamps in the headlights..I would like something similar to the TSX in terms of brightness, color and coverage... any suggestions?

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm researching as well. A lot of people go with philips ballasts and bulbs from xenondepot. HIDynamic is another popular aftermarket kit. I am still deciding which brand to try.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
onihc said:
HIDynamic website states that they use CATZ one piece ballast/igniter. Is this claim accurate?
I think one of their kits is Catz for sure. They seem to have two different kits with different components.

I got mine from liteswap.com, but they have a different brand now. They were good to deal with though.

·
Registered
19 Posts
kash1123 said:
Is there a way to do this without losing warranty on the lights?
Most dealerships won't give you a hard time with that. And your aftermarket part has to be the direct reason for failure for them to void any part of your warranty.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I was told that aftermarket HID's only have about half the life span as stock( this came from my dealer though) do you guys/gals think this is true?

·
Registered
545 Posts
krookid said:
I was told that aftermarket HID's only have about half the life span as stock( this came from my dealer though) do you guys/gals think this is true?
3000HR is what my MTEC listed at for durability. I don't know what stock is.

·
大古古
1,287 Posts
I have a good question the stock HIDs are H11 and like a huge bulb i was looking at some bulbs and they were h11 but like the normal bulbs... whats up with that?

and can i just stick any H11 bulb in there?

( sorry noob when it comes to lights....)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts