Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I'm new here.
Just purchased 2001 Graphite Gray Pearl IS300.
A good friend (big car enf engineering buff) recommended it to me. He also pointed me to this site.
I'm absolutely in love with car - it's the right size, decently fast, very secure handling and Lexus should be realiable, right?!

We looked at a few other cars and this one fit me like a glove.

Just wanted to say hi.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Welcome West...I've been around for a while but don't have an IS yet.... waitin for the manual...

Hope you have fun with it.

[This message has been edited by AltezzaRoku (edited November 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
219 Posts
congrat!! and enjoy the car...

trust me, you gonna love your car after the break in period.... i did

and where are you in cali???

------------------
xxsiLveR_iS300xx

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
welcome...i got the same color too. and for me, it fit me like a glove too. i'm pretty sure you'll love the car. i do...and i'll ask the question again...where in cali are you from???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
94 Supra TT/6-speed/HardTop
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
so which dealership did you buy yours at??? and while i'm at it, did you get a gift after your purchase...we had a thread about that a while ago...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
oh...okay...don't feel left out tho. those of us who bought it from steven's creek lexus got this funky cactus like plant. you want mine???

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
12,157 Posts
it is reliable, lexus was chosen number 1 in reliability, over all other cars

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am very sorry about your purchase. The TL and the CLS offer much better value for a much better price. However, it is your decision. I do hope that you will not get big-headed like your IS brothers on this website.

Oh and by the way, be careful what you say on this website, as the mods have a tendency to delete and/or lock anything that even remotely resembles criticism or something that strays from the IS300.

·
Premium Member
8,107 Posts
Heh. You want value, buy a Big Gulp. Just like the TL and CL though, it'll make you want to take a piss about an hour after you buy it.
Enjoy your car, it's a great drive.

Originally posted by SoundSpeed:
I am very sorry about your purchase. The TL and the CLS offer much better value for a much better price. However, it is your decision. I do hope that you will not get big-headed like your IS brothers on this website.

Oh and by the way, be careful what you say on this website, as the mods have a tendency to delete and/or lock anything that even remotely resembles criticism or something that strays from the IS300.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and the wonderful world of Lexus. Hopefully you'll find some useful info on the car (mods/problems) and also a whole bunch of crap/criticism.
Graphite's an awesome color...hopefully within 4 years, when they recycle the model, I'll get the 2005 IS in graphite.

black/ivory
17"

·
Registered
6,515 Posts
Do you have any idea of how to articulate a point?

Originally posted by SoundSpeed:
Yeah dude, Big Gulp!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am very sorry about your purchase. The TL and the CLS offer much better value for a much better price.
We actually looked at the Acura at my request. However, my friend was able to find at least quality 10 faults in all TL/CLs that we looked in 10 minutes. (I'm telling you - this guy is good)
On IS he only found 1 and fixed it on the spot.

Plus I found Acura TL/CL a bit too big for me.

·
Registered
666 Posts
West,
Congrats on your purchase. IS300 is a solid car and I've been very happy with it thus far.

As you can see, we have our share of resident trolls on this forum. Some of them good trolls, some of em bad.

Just in case you didn't notice there;s also an owners forum that requires an addtional password. I only post stuff there when I want to direct questions specifically to just IS300 owners.

·
Am I Hype-R???
13,648 Posts
hey west, just out of curiosity, what were some of the faults your friend found with the acura??? what kind of faults did he find for the IS??? good to get another opinion...

------------------
2001 IS300 Graphite Grey
90 Integra
86 Corolla GTS (AE86)

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
Can you tell us what sort of price you got through CarsDirect??? Was it full MSRP?

Also, what sort of options did you get on the car? Black leather? Limited Slip differential???

By the way, I have a Graphite Gray (cloth interior) and I work near you, so we might see each other someday...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts