welcome to the site and congratz on your new OB IS300 =D

·
Registered
594 Posts
welcome nice BO IS

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
Congrats bro! Don't let the mod bug bite you too hard! I see that you were also looking for a Amuse lip too?....wel, I am sure that one will pop up, just keep on looking in the for sale section daily cause you never know when you come across a great deal!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys. i almost gave it up for a 08 civic si.that car is also hot!...im looking to spend about 2500 on this car asap.any ideas? i want a nice tone, good power perfect slam,and maybe some shoes.? im realy diggin the stocks tho! im a big JDM guy so its gonna git expensive and if i have enuff i wanna s/c kit.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
2500 can be spent in a heart beat with a good set of coilover springs $750-1500/shocks and springs $450-750. Intakes $120-400. Headers $100-250/y-pipe $40-120. Exhausts $150-450. Wheels $500-6000.

All of which what YOU want. So prices may vary...but, since you want JDM..thats going to cost you a pretty penny. G/l on your quest bro.

·
Registered
664 Posts
2500 can be spent in a heart beat with a good set of coilover springs $750-1500/shocks and springs $450-750. Intakes $120-400. Headers $100-250/y-pipe $40-120. Exhausts $150-450. Wheels $500-6000.

All of which what YOU want. So prices may vary...but, since you want JDM..thats going to cost you a pretty penny. G/l on your quest bro.

nice carrr, N/A is okay but seriously your probably better off saving for something more substanal like booost, 2500 sounds like a good start to saving for it if thats the route you want to go.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
boost would be awsome!...but thats around what like 6g for a srt kit and a extra 2g for inhouse install and tune?...8gs?..i think it would be very worth it since i think 4doors are hot and i love supras!...but 8grand man! isnt a supercharger cheaper?...oh and i have no clue where i would find a s/c kit either. iv searched and dont remember if any has got me yet

·
13,727 Posts
Welcome! If you are allowed internet at work you will find yourself here more often that you'd like.

You can find s/c and turbo's here in the for sale section around 2-3K, but I have also seen new vortech s/c kits for a little over 3K, like from this site:

www.IntensePower.com - Drag - Drift - Street - Show

They have some good IS parts on there.

Read the GO FASTER forum to see the costs associated with boost, you will find that it is quite more than the kit itself. The turbo kits seem to have more hp potential though...

Good Luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
boost would be awsome!...but thats around what like 6g for a srt kit and a extra 2g for inhouse install and tune?...8gs?..i think it would be very worth it since i think 4doors are hot and i love supras!...but 8grand man! isnt a supercharger cheaper?...oh and i have no clue where i would find a s/c kit either. iv searched and dont remember if any has got me yet
I wouldn't necessarily go with what is cheap. There are a lot of great turbo kits that are in the for sale section right now that are a awesome prices. I personally like turbos better than s/c, but that is just personal preference. But if you want to go the turbo route, keep checking the market place and I am sure that you can get a good deal.

·
13,727 Posts
Yeah, and there are tons of s/c vs. turbo threads to keep you busy. You will have two trains of thought (keep in mind that these are not my opinons, rather the gist of it) :

1. S/C are more reliable (which has been debated mucho mucho times,) but usually do not make the power a turbo can
You can find youtube videos of turbo vs. s/c IS's and the turbos usually are quicker

2. Turbos make more power and can be reliable, and the 2JZ is a turbo motor.

Have fun. Throw a pizza in the oven, sit back, and prepare to be info overloaded.

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Welcome. Happy modding :)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts