Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the IS300 today!.
its Spectra Blue IS300 with tan leather..
with every option except that graphite wheel.. which i dont think its worth another $1500..

i maybe going after aftermarket wheel rims..
well. i am not a car geek.. and i dont know too much about car modification.. so.. basically, i am a car newbie! so any suggestions to do a bit change? and i'd like to install some kinda of arm set if available.. dunno..

and i bought it from Richmond Lexus.. and got it for 45300 CDN.... after tax and etc..
its around 54000 CDN.. which is about 36000 US.. i dont know the exact rate.. dunno..
but i think i got it a bit more expensive maybe..??
i dunno...
anyway.. I AM JUST TOO EXCITED NOW. and i am picking up the car next monday!

cant wait! but i still have final exams to go tho.. sigh..
anyway. thats all.. c ya all later !

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited December 08, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
congratulations!!! Must feel nice to be able to cruise around in the IS next week!!!!

45300??? That's a pretty good price!! I assume you got the headlight washer option (if you did get everything)

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, head light option.. its actually.
its package D.. package E is just the same as pachage D, just have that graphite wheel.. which i dont think its worth another 1500!... oh.. and i got package D for the price of Package B.. which is 45300.. so basically. i got 3500 off the package D price.
and ya. getting it on monday!!!!!
but i have 1 final on tuesday!. sigh.. cant cruise it rite on the same day..
i was actually surprised i got this car so fast.. coz i didnt think my parents would let me......so i am kinda half shocked and half excited now!
but anyway.. the car be in the garage next monday morning!!
ya baby!

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey, congrats Billy...good to hear that you finally got the car.SMB is an awesome color...good choice. So which salesperson did you go to at Richmond Lexus? I'm guessing they offered you a better deal at Richmond than at Burrard...$45000 is a great deal! Did you get the $3000 discount that others were talking about?

Anyways enjoy the car man...hopefully I'll get mine soon. My dad is considering getting me the 330ci now though...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey double0~
^^
ya.. well. close to 3000.. not exactly 3000..
well.. got package D for price of package B.. almost 3000 difference!. ya.
and blue with tan was the last one. the rest 2 r blue with black leather. which i dont think looks good. .
and ya. went to richmond lexus. and talked to a dealer named RON MANN.. he is quite nice. and he has a lot of personal customer services.. quite nice actually. he had a nice chat with my dad.. so i guess my dad felt comforatable! maybe thats why..
anyway.. he is good sales.. u can just go there and ask for test drive anytime. he didnt even ask my driver license to test drive it..so..

PS, personally.. u go for 330 Ci for sure!!!
well.. i was at maximum budget to get IS300.. at 45000.. so.. 330 Ci not an option for me.. but u certainly go for 330 Ci if u can! )and good luck! i hope u can get it, then we maybe can go meet or soemthing... even tho 2 diff cars.. but oh well.

PPS. that Ron guy REMEMBERS UR NAME!! i dotn know if he was just saying " yes" or whatever. but he recognized ur name!.. so he just tell me straight off this price is the best that he can give me.. so. thanks a lot man!!! really!

anyway.. i am excited. thats all..and ( i really shocked. coz i really didnt think i'd get it!.. coz i was more likely to settle with acura MDX.. and i dont want jeeps!)

·
Registered
258 Posts
a lot of VERY NICE cars in vancouver... my friend went to vancouver when the IS first came out..he saw this yellow one SLAMMED with some 19's... can't imagine how phat that thing looks!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i think u should say.. a lot of rich immigrant from asia such as taiwan/hk/china/korean..

so.. BMW is like a flood here...
walking toward ur car after u finish a movie.. the chances that u see a BMW is 100%.. the chances u see more than 1 BMW is 90%..
sigh.. but no one knows. .IS3 > BMW!!!
heheh~

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi [email protected], congratulations!!! Welcome to the IS300 Vancouver owner group. I have a SMB with black leather. I also got it from Richmond Lexus (Edward).

Where are you from? HK/Taiwan....

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yap yap~ SMB.. but mine with tan. not black.
there were 3 SBM left.. 2 with black, and 1 with tan. i went with tan one.. but black certainly looks nice!
well. i am taiwanese~
^^ you?
lets hook up sometimes??
by the way. did u do anything to ur car aftermarket??
if u did.. where and what u did to ur car?
coz i plan to do something after i pick it up on monday..but that will have to be after my final exams..!!
i am officailly FREE BY NEXT FRIDAY!!!!!!!
YEAH BABY!!

PS. i saw 1 SMB Is with black at yohan centre a couple weeks ago..that one has quite tinted glass and seems to have done some mod on the car.. was that urs?^^. just wondering~~
PPS. edward? that chinese guy?.. he seemed unnice .. so i went to Ron, who is suggested by a friend of mine. and what did u get it for?? i just kinda wanna compare the price. i got package D for $45300.. yours?

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited December 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Edward Sie??? I think he's one of the best rep. in ANY car dealership......

I spoke to him today and he's aware of an SBM package D purchase on December 7, 2000.......That's gotta be yours.

You're sure you got the right person???? His office is right next to the reception.....

[This message has been edited by dude (edited December 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi everybody! I am from the Vancouver area also. Does anybody know where to get the Altezza grille in Vancouver? I think we should have some kind of gathering sometimes to exchange ideas on aftermarket tuning.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
doh~~
hehe~
dec 7? let me check my calender..
yes..
i think ur rite!
hehe...
well. i went to lexus at night on dec 7.. coz dad was at meeting in day time.. so i draged him over to lexus.. and Ron was the first guy i went to ( since suggested by double0 ) and ya,. edward sie.. rite beside the reception . the first office there..
ya.. so i think that SMB with packade D should be mine then.. hehe
did u ask them if they have the car all washed up and etc??
i cant wait..
cant wait..
officially 50 hours more to go to get my IS!!!!!!!!!

PS. i didnt talk to edward, i just judged by his look. =(.. maybe i was wrong then~
coz one time, i went to test drive a solara ( last year when it just came out) a toyota dealer ( HK), he didnt even look at me once even after i told him that i am considering buying the solara.. and he just kinda explained briefly to me about the spec of the car.. no test drive.. so i was quite unimpressed by his service.. and thus leave me an impression that i wouldnt go to a HKese sales... well. just my experience.. =(

[This message has been edited by [email protected] (edited December 09, 2000).]

·
Registered
58 Posts
[email protected], I am HKer. I got $3K off the sticker.

CYL, yes, I think we should meet each other sometime soon. Unfortunately I won't be available until January. Btw, I am looking for TRD parts too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
[email protected], I think we all have different experiences in terms of sales service. Sometimes a sales might not be in a good mood when you walk into the showroom. I went to Richmond Lexus when I started shopping for my IS. I was ignored for 15 min before I finally asked for a sales. Ron Mann was the sales and he really pissed me off with his take it or leave it attitude ($1000 off package C only, firm). He did not seem to want me to test drive the car when I asked. I guess I was not dressed properly to look finiancially capable of buying a lexus... so I went to Burrad afterwards and bought my IS just an hour after I left Richmond Lexus. This shows how car sales use their instinct when they treat customers. If they don't sense a sale with one particular customer, they won't put too much effort in. My overall experience with Richmond Lexus is very negative especially with Ron Mann.....

Well, congrats on your new car and we should all meet sometimes.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
really? i had good time with him th.
weird.. maybe that was a bad day ??
dunno..
the one i went is toyota one. .bad experience. and i never went there again..

and ron. i think he is cool~~
and package D for price of package B is good i think.. so..

dude. really? u kno whim for 8 years???
shoooooooooooot.......
would i get a better deal if i go to edward with ur recommandation???
or do u get a lexus cheaper or something??
shooot...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
CYL, i am UBC 2nd year student in Economics.
=)
you??
and i park in NORTH PARKADE!!
if u see a BLUE IS300 in the parkade.. leave me a note~
=)
hehehehehe
BUT do NOT scratch it. hehe
j/k~

·
Registered
455 Posts
Originally posted by [email protected]:
hey double0~
^^
ya.. well. close to 3000.. not exactly 3000..
well.. got package D for price of package B.. almost 3000 difference!. ya.
and blue with tan was the last one. the rest 2 r blue with black leather. which i dont think looks good. .
and ya. went to richmond lexus. and talked to a dealer named RON MANN.. he is quite nice. and he has a lot of personal customer services.. quite nice actually. he had a nice chat with my dad.. so i guess my dad felt comforatable! maybe thats why..
anyway.. he is good sales.. u can just go there and ask for test drive anytime. he didnt even ask my driver license to test drive it..so..

PS, personally.. u go for 330 Ci for sure!!!
well.. i was at maximum budget to get IS300.. at 45000.. so.. 330 Ci not an option for me.. but u certainly go for 330 Ci if u can! )and good luck! i hope u can get it, then we maybe can go meet or soemthing... even tho 2 diff cars.. but oh well.

PPS. that Ron guy REMEMBERS UR NAME!! i dotn know if he was just saying " yes" or whatever. but he recognized ur name!.. so he just tell me straight off this price is the best that he can give me.. so. thanks a lot man!!! really!

anyway.. i am excited. thats all..and ( i really shocked. coz i really didnt think i'd get it!.. coz i was more likely to settle with acura MDX.. and i dont want jeeps!)

Glad I could help man...hehehe it's going to be pretty tough studying for your finals thinking bout your IS. Just don't lose any sleep over it...
Oh yeah, what other colors did you consider too? I'm not sure which color I would get for the IS? I like SMB, Yellow, and white ones I've seen. But for the 330ci, I'll definately the topaz blue.

CYL, it's too bad you had a bad experience with Ron Mann. I thought he was a pretty nice guy...but I guess it's all personal. I liked him because he doesn't try to waste your time...he lets you know what is fair and theres no hassel. He was really cool about the test drive too...he just kept saying "go faster, go faster!"

Oh BTW guys, I'm Taiwanese as well.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts