Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there, I don't yet have a Sport-X but have pretty much decided that it is what I want. I am about 8-12 months off from my decision unless some things fall into place faster than that.

Anyway, I have some questions. To those that have a Sportcross:

1. What are the car's shortcomings and are there any problem areas?

2. How extensive are "tuner" parts and how are they priced?

3. What other cars did you consider when purchasing the Sportcross and what was/were the deciding factor(s) in your decision?

4. To those with a family, how is the back seat for kids, passengers and car seats?

I think in the next week or so, I am gonna check one out at the dealer and see what I think first hand.

My current ride is a 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S/C. It is a great truck, but looking for something a little more "practical/fun". If you are at all interested, my truck can be seen here: www.picturetrail.com/agbullet

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
agbullet said:
Hey there, I don't yet have a Sport-X but have pretty much decided that it is what I want. I am about 8-12 months off from my decision unless some things fall into place faster than that.

Anyway, I have some questions. To those that have a Sportcross:

1. What are the car's shortcomings and are there any problem areas?

2. How extensive are "tuner" parts and how are they priced?

3. What other cars did you consider when purchasing the Sportcross and what was/were the deciding factor(s) in your decision?

4. To those with a family, how is the back seat for kids, passengers and car seats?

I think in the next week or so, I am gonna check one out at the dealer and see what I think first hand.

My current ride is a 2001 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab S/C. It is a great truck, but looking for something a little more "practical/fun". If you are at all interested, my truck can be seen here: www.picturetrail.com/agbullet

Cheers!
1. blindspots...i had to pull out the rear headrests because they get in the way of view

2. shouldn't it be the same as the sedan

3. i was considering a 360 modena but chose the sportcross :lol: seriously though, thought about a 325, a4, c230, and a 4dr trd tacoma......umm i chose the sportcross because i dont see it quite often on the road...i probably see another one once every 2 weeks....

4. i dont have a family, but when i have friends riding along.....you would need a midget to fit on the middle seat....i tried sitting on the middle seat, and its cramped...im a skinny 5'9 guy btw

if you want something fun get a 350z :chill:

·
Registered
804 Posts
For ques 2, the suspension is different from the sedan. Several people have used sedan aftermarket spring/shock/coilover with good success, but other than the Tein type Wagon, there are no exact Sportcross aftermarket suspensions. Engine stuff would all be the same. Full body kits are also few and far between.

I like the Sportcross for it's uniqueness, but if you want to tune a lot, or want a stick, you would be better off with a sedan.

·
2,412 Posts
Hmmmm, I am just under 6 ft tall and I don't have any blind spots.
I see all around just fine. :lol:

Good luck with your quest for the Sportcross. I think you will enjoy the hell out of it once you get it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
agbullet said:
How do you guys think the Sportcross compares to a WRX wagon?
heh, I test drove a WRX wagon after a few dealership visits, then went to Lexus to test drive a SportCross. ohmigod, no comparo. the WRX had surpisingly more torque than I had expected (also test drove Acura TSX and Infiniti G35), and was kinda fun to drive (boost is always fun when it kicks in), but really, the cars are like apples and oranges.

the build quality is like night and day between the two. the lexus fit me like a glove, the switchgear felt like it was *high* quality, the climate control was much nicer, the fabric and materials. i was just going for test drive on the SC and purchased it that day (hard to get, don't cha know!).

picking up my car after the 1k 'servicing', two customers from the showroom nearly accosted me asking if they could check out the SC since they hadn't even seen one in person. they were stoked to have the chance, and i was only more than happy to oblige!

the SC is far and away a nicer, smoother, well-built car-- but really, they aren't in the same price category. decide how much you want to spend- that should make the decision for you.

-

·
What's all this, then?
166 Posts
agbullet said:
If that's your timeframe, you might want to consider ordering it sooner than later. Dealerships here in the midatlantic/northeast seem to avoid them, so you may have to order it and it could take a few months to get what you want. From what I've read, it doesn't look good for the Sportcross (at least the IS300 Sportcross) for 2005, so they might be harder to come by toward the end of the 2004 model year (8-12 months from now).

Just don't want you to be disappointed...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the heads up. I would be willing to buy a used one if I could find one the way I want it. I am waiting for a few things to better fall into place and when they do (hopefully sooner than my timeframe), I will be joining the IS300 ranks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts