Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone on the board.

I am 26 yo, grad student, living in Miami.

I am looking to buy a new car (current car : 2001 M-B C320, 40K miles on clock), and I am looking at Japanese brands this time. My natural targets are the IS, the G 35 or the TL. I am interested in the IS300, until i read the specs and saw the pics for the new IS. Now i am bugging my dealer twice a week about prices. Supposedly they will have a dealer training session next week and they would know more. Anyone knows about the potential prices? I am interested in the IS 350, pretty much loaded, must have Mark Levingston but Nav is optional for me.

·
Banned
12,375 Posts
not to start flaming you, but do a search on here...been covered numerous times is250 i think starting at 35000, and up form there for the is350 etc....

edit: by the way, welcome to the site. i def suggest going japanese with your next car. so many more possibilities in my opinion. and the styling is much better than most german sedans, and i perosnally like it more than the nissan models

·
Premium Member
6,292 Posts
Well, first off, welcome aboard and enjoy surfing the site. :)

There are no definite pricing figures yet, all the figures you will come accross are all gestimates. According to Lexus sources the real pricing figures will be released 2 weeks prior to the release date of the IS250/350.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the 250 starts at 35k? thats doesnt sound so lexus-ish... especially considering that the 250 only has 200 or so HP ........... a comparable BMW in 325i asks for 30k (215 BHP)

·
11,061 Posts
Welcome. Beware the Parking Lot. They greedily devour newbies there...and devil take table manners. ;)

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
IS250 should have 220hp but they went according to the new SAE standards and BMW did not so its not slower than the 325i. As for 35k... if you want mark levinson and nav... then the price of an IS250 after tax will prob be around 35k. (probably, i havent seen prices yet). As for the BMW 325i being 30k... let me make you a promise... no BMW 325i sold in this country will go for 30k... if the website says MSRP 30k... try building it... the price goes up over 1,000 once you choose a color scheme. MSRP of 30k means nothing to the final price. 35i minimum will be 35k.

·
Registered
7,697 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mmmm... interesting... well i know how BMW does the prices, i have done research and you are right: no one buy a BMW in bare bones. I grew up in a family of BMW lovers and i have pretty much rode/driven all of them, but i am not impressed with the new 3s.... the interior is "meh".
As for the horsepower calculations, I thought Lexus use the old-style HP calculations. I read that Acura changed to the new calculation method, and a lot of owners are up n arms about it. I dont know which method BMW uses, but i heard they use the new method too.
I am hoping to get a 350 with mark levinson and 18-inchers and still land somewhere south of $ 40 k.

·
Registered
11,025 Posts
IS350 is a better buy and from my knowledge BMW still using the old SAE standards, and lexus is using the new ones

1 - 8 of 8 Posts