Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people again..I'm making choices now. It's either a Lexus IS300 (when the 2005 one comes out) or a Infiniti G35 Coupe (2004 or 2005) I might get a car next year at the most. Which is better? I know the hp is a difference for sure because the IS has 215 hp and the G35 has 280 hp. Yes, I know....you might think I'm some spoiled little brat Asian kid.......I'm stuck now on which car I really want. I want a fast 2 door coupe for sure though (I know the insurance will be high since I'm in my early teens). Well this is what I have found so far......

Infiniti G35 Coupe
Base MSRP: $31,550
Options I want on the car:
>Bose Audio System
>DVD Infiniti Navigation System
>Perfomance Tire and Wheel Package
>Power Sunroof
>Premium Package
>Aero Kit w/ Spoiler 4-piece
>Body Side Molding
>Trunk Mat w/ Infiniti Logo
Total Price:$38,645

Lexus IS300
Base MSRP: $31,350 (based on 2004 model)
Options I want on the car:
>Leather/Alcantara Trim Interior
>Navigation System
>Power Tilt and Slide Moonroof w/Sunshade
>Rear Spoiler
>Heated Front Seats
>5-Spoke 17" Graphite Polished Alloy Wheels
>Limited Slip Differential
>Vehicle Skid Control
Total Price: $37,935 (based on 2004 model)

As of right now, they both sound good to me. I just have a hard time choosing now. What would you guys choose honestly??? I'm leaning towards the Infiniti more sorta...

·
Registered
15,585 Posts
how the hell did you option out an IS for almost 38k???? In the real world, you could buy that car for 31k.... thats even on the high side.

And why even use the 2004 prices when the 2005 will be totally different, and the pricing will likely be different too.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HoustonLex said:
how the hell did you option out an IS for almost 38k???? In the real world, you could buy that car for 31k.... thats even on the high side.

And why even use the 2004 prices when the 2005 will be totally different, and the pricing will likely be different too.
I know, but this is just as an example. I know the price will be different for sure. I'm still working on research on both cars. I narrowed it down to these 2 cars. The other cars were a Mazda RX8 or a Nissan 350Z.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about the 350Z, but a lot of people have it I think. I don't see that many G35 coupes around here..It would be really nice to have; also the IS300, but more people will look more at the G35 coupe a lot..

·
Registered
147 Posts
Well you prob don't car bout price but the G35 will prob be more negotiable in price in 2005 and the Lexus wont be if they do re-make the model.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
I wanted to look at G35 coupes before I bought, but last May I could not find a coupe anywhere in the areas that I was looking. I had narrowed down to G35 and IS300. I then found nice 2002 IS for $24,000 so I jumped on that. Saved myself a good $5000 and the car is just fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats cool. Sounds like a good deal for a 2002 model. I'm still debating which one. I have a feeling I'll end up getting the G35 coupe for sure, but I gotta check at the dealer if it's available. I hope it is.

·
Registered
16 Posts
EndlessWaltz112 said:
Thats cool. Sounds like a good deal for a 2002 model. I'm still debating which one. I have a feeling I'll end up getting the G35 coupe for sure, but I gotta check at the dealer if it's available. I hope it is.
Get anything BUT AN IS300 . I regret buying this car, why?
1. Brakes make clicking noise
2. Stereo sucks
3. engine produce annoying noises
4. Map light keeps burning out
5. Paint chips or scratch if you hit a bug
And more to come, i only own this car for 1 month and found all these problems.

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Lexuz01 said:
EndlessWaltz112 said:
2. Stereo sucks
Get rid of that POS car ASAP.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Lexuz01 said:
EndlessWaltz112 said:
2. Stereo sucks
Are you serious? I didn't know this yet..Thanks for telling me. I'll just stick to the Infiniti G35 Coupe. That's a friggin' Nissan Skyline GT

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
EndlessWaltz112 said:
Lexuz01 said:
EndlessWaltz112 said:
2. Stereo sucks
Are you serious? I didn't know this yet..Thanks for telling me. I'll just stick to the Infiniti G35 Coupe. That's a friggin' Nissan Skyline GT
Don't listen to that idiot, he only has 3 posts. It's a troll.

The stereo is one of the best you will EVER find stock, brakes don't make clicking noises (but they are floating pad, so they thump every once in awhile when you back up, ain't no thang). Map lights don't burn out "all the time." I still have my original bulb. The paint is soft, but if you don't drive near frigging rock quarries, don't worry about it.

Guy's an overdramatic liar. Toyota > Nissan <-- bottom line.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts