Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Teg,
Do your seat brackets shift everytime you go around a corner. It is almost as if the brackets for the up-right portion of the seat have some play in them. They shift slightly with a clunking sound everytime I go around a corner. I spoke the service manager and he opened up and engineering review request with Lexus. I am hoping to bring the car in soon and see what he can do. Just trying to gather some info.
Thanks.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't noticed any problems with my cloth seats. I will double check on the ride home after work, but I'm pretty certain that there is no clunking noise when I take corners...

·
Registered
631 Posts
I get a definite creak whenever the car shifts position (goes into a turn, changes lanes, etc.) I brought it in last week to have it looked at (as well as to have the TRD sway bars installed). They had no clue about the movement/creaking, and went up the chain at Lexus. They finally concluded it must be the rails, and have ordered replacements. I'm supposed to have the work done next Monday (7th). In case they want to reference this, it was at Hennessey Lexus in Atlanta, GA.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got cloth seats and I have not noticed any creaking in the seats. My last car (Volvo) used to do that all the time. Drove me nuts. I never got it fixed but I figured it had something to do with the seat rails and the manual locking mechanism. Perhaps there is a loose bracket or something under the seat. The IS300s with the power seats probably don't do this because they use a different mechanism.

JordanK.

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
I have no problems with creaks or movement in my seat mountings.

The only thing I do notice is that on very uneven, bumpy roads (like potholes or railroad tracks) I get a little bit of jiggle in the whole body. I think this GS300 drivetrain (heavy) is pushing the limits of what the Altezza body can handle. This car is quiet, but not the strongest body of cars I have driven. Maybe a strut bar in the engine comparment would help some...

·
2,909 Posts
No problems like you described just a slight creak from the seatbelt lock. Very minor.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The one thing I noticed right away on my seats is if you grab the upright seatback portion of the seat and try to move it laterally back and forth that it had a lot of movement. Much more than on my wife's Honda. Now it is to the point that everytime I go around a corner it shifts back and forth a little bit. Anyway, I appreciate the response and plan on having the dealer look at it as I previously mentioned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
DanR
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing