Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...taking a little Southern Caribbean Cruise soon. (can't wait to get away from this damn snow!) I'd like to go Scuba Diving at least once. Here's the stops, which would you recommend for best views/marine life etc...

St. Croix, US Virgin Islands
St. Lucia
Barbados
Antigua
St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
I've spent a lot of time in St. Thomas ever since I was a little kid. Ive been diving there a handful of times and its pretty good. Theres a lot of great marine life and some good ship wrecks to check out.

I've never been in any of the other places, so i cant help there. Sorry.

·
Registered
28,808 Posts
That I cant help you with...I always went with family friends when I was there who always provided the gear and whatnot. I also havent been in about 5 years....my grandparents used to own property and businesses down there, but they have since sold it all off.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DJPoop said:
That I cant help you with...I always went with family friends when I was there who always provided the gear and whatnot. I also havent been in about 5 years....my grandparents used to own property and businesses down there, but they have since sold it all off.
Cool, Thanks anyway. Any other Divers out there with tips?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Both St. Thomas and St. Croix are in the US/BVI and are are great for shopping or hanging out at the bars, or for nice beaches. But they suck for diving. There are some decent wrecks to dive on along with everyone else that has that idea but the area is litered with empty green Heinekin bottles on the ocean bottom from years of people partying.

Having said that, the windward/leeward islands (Antigua, St Lucia, Barbados) are much better for diving than the Virgin Islands.

Of these, Antigua is a nice mix of good diving and deceent night life. St. Lucia I believe is where the Pitons are and although it's deep, the diving is the balls. I haven't been diving in Barbados so I can't say, my furthest trip down there was to Grenada which was tits. Black and white beaches and great diving.

At any of your choices it is easy to get hooked up with gear and a guide if you want. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diving Preferences...

GS. Thanks for the tips. I'm not yet certified, I've done 3 dives in my life the deepest being 50 feet. Do you have to go that deep or lower to get the great views in St. Lucia? Or would any dive in St. Lucia be a decent dive. Also, I'd be going in the next few weeks, so perhaps the winter kills most visiability no matter WHERE you go!? Thanks a ton!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
3 Participants
IS-F-I-Found
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing