Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious... What do the BMW dealer have to say about aftermarket mods to their cars and their warranty, with respect to suspension, rims, intakes, exhaust, stereo . I am tryin to build a case here, your input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
different dealers will say different things. with some dealers if you have a single mod BANG your warranty is out the door, other places will simply overlook your mods for you and not care. its different depending on the dealer.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I think they're most lenient with Dinan mods, as some BMW dealers around the nation are authorized Dinan dealers. With Dinan's relationship with BMW and resources, people don't have too much problems with warranty issues (at least in my experience) Forced Induction, of course, the exception.

So, I guess they're kinda like TRD, except they're just a tad bit more expensive.

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is from the Dinan website,

"Product support is another important aspect of the Dinan philosophy since we insist on equaling the after-sale service and support that BMW owners expect.

With that in mind, we offer the best warranty available anywhere.

Dinan's warranty matches whatever period remains on the individual New Vehicle Limited Warranty for up to 4 years or 50,000 miles. Exceptions are turbocharged, supercharged or stroker engines for which a Dinan Drivetrain Warranty is available.

Our current 2 year/unlimited mileage warranty applies to products installed on those vehicles no longer covered by the manufacturer's New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

And the installation of Dinan products will not affect your new car warranty coverage. So you are covered mile to mile, year to year and bumper to bumper

If your vehicle is currently covered by the vehicle manufacturer's new car warranty, Dinan products are warranted for 2 years, unlimited mileage or for the remaining term of the vehicle manufacturer's new car warranty, up to 4 years or 50,000 miles, whichever is longer. Dinan Performance Engine and Transmission chips are guaranteed for life. Dinan's warranties are transferable when ownership of the vehicle into which the Dinan products were originally installed is sold."

I don't think, under law that they can deny warranty coverage unless the aftermarket product can be proven to have caused the problem.

·
Registered
4,250 Posts
with dinan mods, if something goes wrong, the dealership will fix it and send the bill to dinan. and yeah you are right they can't deny the warranty unless they can prove it but it proves to be much more of a hassle than if you simply just found a dealership that dindt' care =)

·
Mod er 8 er
608 Posts
Did you know that Lexus sent out $500 certificates to owners of BMW 3-series owners? Big IS300 promo going on now. Anyone receive one?

·
Registered
9,676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx for your input guys... I may try to keep my mods uniform... maybe hold out for TRD Coilovers instead of Apexi or H&R.

Lexus girl -- Who exactly is the owners of the BMW 3-series owners?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
BigDaddyRich
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing