1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
its not a hoax at all... Whether you can figure out or have the tuning skill to set up the emanage so the stock ECU never learns, the TE black box is still nice.. You wont need an 02 simulator, long term fuel trims are not an issue and there are some other things that Jeff onnce posted on what it does... If you have questions about the black box, you should ask Jeff yourself and not ask someone that doesnt deal with TE...

I fabricated my own black box roughly over a year ago, if you would like to know how that works, you can PM me..

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Malekreza11 said:
its not a hoax at all... Whether you can figure out or have the tuning skill to set up the emanage so the stock ECU never learns, the TE black box is still nice.. You wont need an 02 simulator, long term fuel trims are not an issue and there are some other things that Jeff onnce posted on what it does... If you have questions about the black box, you should ask Jeff yourself and not ask someone that doesnt deal with TE...

I fabricated my own black box roughly over a year ago, if you would like to know how that works, you can PM me..
I pm'd Jeff earlier today.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
edgy said:
JEESES WHY all the fooking secrets...???

if you will share in PM then SHARE it IN THE THREAD

carry on...
No your right!

This is what he said:

****Edited for 'proprietary' reasons-Malekreza11.****

'And also, please remove the information that i gave you in PM.. if i wanted to post it, i would have.. If you owned a business like I do, you would understand that not everything is for free and I cant let my secrets out...

Again, please remove that post or edit the information i gave you out.' --- Malekreza11

I respect it to an extent. Just letting others know why I did it.

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
lexusaltezza said:
Serioulsy tooooooo many secrets.
some people have to make a living by keeping thier techniques a secret...

Ide like you to go call Meguairs and ask them for the chemical secrets on how to make detailing products...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
lexusaltezza said:
Serioulsy tooooooo many secrets.
Seriously. This kid now wants me to buy one from him. I understand everyone wants to make a buck, but damn. This is out of control.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Malekreza11 said:
some people have to make a living by keeping thier techniques a secret...

Ide like you to go call Meguairs and ask them for the chemical secrets on how to make detailing products...
Do you make your living or feed your kids off the black box? That is different then.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
The only person who truly knows what the black box does is Jeff at Turboeast.

And he has no reason to share what it does. He offers something that cost him R&D to produce.

You don't ask what Toyomoto's black box does, nor do you ask how to make PFS's black box.

You asked how to in "explicit detail" tune an e-manage to work without the BB.
only, I don't believe you're boosted. And have you had any experience with an e-manage? If not, then I suggest you get boosted, and start learning how to tune. It's not rocket science. It's software based on very fundamental principles.

Grab the software. Mess around with it. Tune the e-manage yourself. Look to see if your ecu learns. Figure out what that really means and how it will affect your car. That is the only explanation that any one of us can give you.

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
djlutchi said:
Do you make your living or feed your kids off the black box? That is different then.
Actually he DOES make his living on the products he makes and the services he provides!

I can't believe little spoiled brats like people in this post want everything for free!

This is time, this is bussiness, it's R&D!! Jesus, what's so hard to understand about that?

He has his own company called MRF, licensed and all. He's developing intakes. You want him to develop a bunch for people and give them away? No, of course not, why would you? It takes time to develop, money to produce, and time spent testing to see if they work.

You create you're own fucking black box and quit being cheap and trying to have everybody do everything for you for free!

seriously... fucking whiney bitches, go buy a riced out Civic and live it up on their forums.

Kane

·
Registered
8,219 Posts
Thanks dude.. Ive developed quite a few things and to think i am going to go on and give them out for free is plain foolish...

Same goes to ANY company or business or person that takes thier time to design something...

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
SophieSleeps said:
The only person who truly knows what the black box does is Jeff at Turboeast.

And he has no reason to share what it does. He offers something that cost him R&D to produce.

You don't ask what Toyomoto's black box does, nor do you ask how to make PFS's black box.

You asked how to in "explicit detail" tune an e-manage to work without the BB.
only, I don't believe you're boosted. And have you had any experience with an e-manage? If not, then I suggest you get boosted, and start learning how to tune. It's not rocket science. It's software based on very fundamental principles.

Grab the software. Mess around with it. Tune the e-manage yourself. Look to see if your ecu learns. Figure out what that really means and how it will affect your car. That is the only explanation that any one of us can give you.
No I am not boosted. Yes I know the e-manage fairly well because I had it on a previous car that was boosted and tuned it myself. I ran it nearly perfect with only 1 CEL that I found due to EXTENSIVE testing, was from using the injector correction factor. The stock ECU did not like the variance in input/output it gave the MAP sensor.

Everyone makes out this Toyota ECU to be a whole nother animal and impossible to deal with. I am trying to avoid as many obsticles as I can prior to boosting, through research. Plain and simple. Not rocket science here guys.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Kanine21 said:
Actually he DOES make his living on the products he makes and the services he provides!

I can't believe little spoiled brats like people in this post want everything for free!

This is time, this is bussiness, it's R&D!! Jesus, what's so hard to understand about that?

He has his own company called MRF, licensed and all. He's developing intakes. You want him to develop a bunch for people and give them away? No, of course not, why would you? It takes time to develop, money to produce, and time spent testing to see if they work.

You create you're own fucking black box and quit being cheap and trying to have everybody do everything for you for cheap!

seriously... fucking whiney bitches, go buy a riced out Civic and live it up on their forums.

Kane
How the hell was I supposed to know? He coulda been some electrical technician who makes these for nothing as a hobby of sorts.

You need to take a timeout with your attitude bro.

·
Podiatrist
23,616 Posts
djlutchi said:
Everyone makes out this Toyota ECU to be a whole nother animal and impossible to deal with. I am trying to avoid as many obsticles as I can prior to boosting, through research. Plain and simple. Not rocket science here guys.
That's exactly my point.
This is not rocket science.
Go tune an e-manage on an is300 and see what you find.

Ask yourself who on this board tunes their own E-manage?
Who has problems with it?

Of those that have problems with e-manage, who is tuning on their own? Pretty much no one.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SophieSleeps said:
That's exactly my point.
This is not rocket science.
Go tune an e-manage on an is300 and see what you find.

Ask yourself who on this board tunes their own E-manage?
Who has problems with it?

Of those that have problems with e-manage, who is tuning on their own? Pretty much no one.
I will. I have my old emanage sitting here. Maybe I will wire it this weekend.......Wire diagrams anyone? 2001 please.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
djlutchi said:
What does it do? Why is it a hoax? Please, in explicit detail explain how the e-manage can be used on it's own to create a near perfect tune without learning, which is never really happening according to you?
I would tend to not want to buy a product and install it on my car without knowing why I need it, what it does, why it does what it does, and how it does what it does. Especially when dealing with something that could possibly cost me $$$ if a malfunction were to occur.

One of the general ideas behind some of the black boxes out there is that they cut power to the OEM ECU when the car is shut off, thus resetting the ECU and all of its learned long-term fuel trims. So, when you turn your car back on the piggyback fuel computer, such as the emanage, can do its thing.

The same thing would be achieved if you unplugged the negative side of your car battery every time you shut the car off.

I don't know how the black boxes do this, but I know what they do. It's not that difficult to figure out if you think about how the stock ECU learns, or doesn't learn, and what needs to be done to reset it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.