Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the clifford 7000 alarm...i was wondering, when the alarm goes off, like when someone kicks the wheel, then and i just leave it turn off by itself, why does it not reactivate again...in other words, why doesnt the alarm go off more then once? :-?

·
Useless
5,346 Posts
NiCeLeX said:
I have the clifford 7000 alarm...i was wondering, when the alarm goes off, like when someone kicks the wheel, then and i just leave it turn off by itself, why does it not reactivate again...in other words, why doesnt the alarm go off more then once? :-?
It should! Most systems have a default of 3 times for the zone to be bypassed. I am not familuar with Clifford products anymore so I would suggest reading the manual or returning to the shop you received it from.

·
Registered
975 Posts
NiCeLeX said:
It could be a feature to prevent re-occurring false alarms. If the alarm activates, a theif usually takes off. He doesn't hang around for the alarm to deactivate, then set if right back on. So it may record the time in between the two and if it's too short of a time interval, the second one may be interpereted as a false alarm and hence the alarm is not activated.

But I may be totally wrong :-?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Peter_Klim
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing