Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran across the Japnese Classic auto show website recently. Looks like it is held in Long Beach sometime in October of each year. Anyone out there ever attended? It looked like a ton of old Toyotas and Datsuns. Cool stuff. Comments?? Thanks.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yeah, I was there in '06. I made a day trip from Monterey, 4+ hours each way.

I'm a big fan of the datsun 510s, 240Zs, '71-74 toyota celicas, FJ40 land cruisers, AE86 corollas, Mazda rx3s. My wall paper is a blue s30 with a modified G-nose. I saw an 07 pic of the same car but missing front pieces? I still have the '06 flier stuck inside my windshield on my 240sx.

It's nice because it's all old school up to late 80s. The old T.O.R.C. meets used to be all old toyotas owned mostly by filipinos, but now encompass 'new' school Lexus (VIP) and Scions.

Didn't make it to last years because of work.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Let me clear this up. There are 2 shows, both held in Long Beach near the QM2.

T.O.R.C. - used to be all old school toyotas, but now include Lexii and Scions

JCCS - is anything old school from all Japanese makes. This is what Maryland IS is referring to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Took 1st place in my class there in 2006 for my 1964 Honda S600 roadster. Jay Leno bought it in 2007, and now has it on his website after a frame off restoration. Great show!

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
MaxNine > the 2tgeu motor came from the Ra22 celica from back in the days. The head was designed by Yamaha and it came with twin sidedraft carbs. Twin cam as well:p then there is the big boy the 18RG which came in the old school Chaser.

BlacksportD> thanks for the compliments bro. I will get the rubbage handled by this weekend and start using her for my DD. As for the redtop, I need to start saving parts for the ITBs and I know a very good friend of mine will handle the EMS on both my rides LOL.

·
Registered
481 Posts
2TGEU

I know all about the 2TGs and 18RG motors and how the JDM celicas were TA2x and USDM were RA2x. I was wondering if you have that motor in any car right now or simply using it as a SN. =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts