Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have seen many posts by people looking for ideas as to what to mold with cf and what would sell.

well i have the idea that someone needs to make happen. I owuld but i dont have the connections to do so.

Our dash is on full piece. Somone needs to take our dash to the cf company and have them mold us a complete cf dash. I know it would be expensive but i would be willing to lay a G or 2 down for it. If we did get this out on the market i think it would be the cf stick on dash kits out of customers.

whatcha ya all think. :)

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Would not be one whole kit, 3-7 pieces..... And good luck, lots of companys won't do it because of the airbag in the pass side.

David

·
Premium Member
4,548 Posts
is300soon said:
Would not be one whole kit, 3-7 pieces..... And good luck, lots of companys won't do it because of the airbag in the pass side.

David
mmmm... CF shrapnel!! gotta feel good!! :lol:

I can't imagine how much this would cost to mold/develop though.

Kane

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is300soon said:

David
well another thing we could do that would look just as good........is just mold the bronzish piece as in the 01's....in the later models its flat black.

but it goes across the middle of the dash and surrounds the gauge and vents!

i know part of it is connected to the dash board but couldnt you cut it from that.

someone needs to do this for real....when i get the money i definitely do it!

·
Premium Member
16,944 Posts
Mold quote was over 4k just A FYI

And that was from decent company's to high end. The cost after the fact would be in the 2k range.

David

·
Twisties Addict
13,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you just go check that out???

what i was saying is that some company or some guy that whats to make some money needs to do something like that.

I think it would sell........especially if it was just that lining that i was talking about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts