Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the e-mails boys and girls. You may not like the product, but this is the reality. You can lock up this post or delete it, but it does not change the truth. By the way, you send in you computer and they do the work!

> From: "#######" <####@earthlink.net>
> Date: 2005/03/19 Sat PM 09:25:00 PST
> To: <[email protected]>
> Subject: 2005 Lexus IS300 JetChip
>
> Hello,
>
> I noticed that performancecenter.com has a JetChip for the 2002 Lexus IS300. Will this chip fit a 2005 (or 2003-2004 if not tested on the 2005) IS300, or do you make one that does?
>
> Thanks,
>
> ####
>

We do have an ECU upgrade available for your Lexus. The ECU upgrade does require that the factory ECU be sent to us for modification. You must purchase the upgrade package before sending the ECU to us for the modification. Suggested retail is $399.00, and the part number is 65002. The ECU upgrades are all done per the application, in other words, do all the modifications you intend on doing before you get the ECU upgraded. That way the program can be set up for the specific modifications. Hp gains would be
dependant on the extent of modifications.

JET Performance Products
800-535-1161
www.jetchip.com
[email protected]
Engineered For Power!

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2005 8:31 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: [Fwd: 2005 Lexus IS300 JetChip]

Then I had a follow up question.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 6:57 PM
To: JET Performance
Subject: Re: 2005 Lexus IS300 JetChip

Thanks you for the prompt reply. Could you offer me the horsepower and [email protected] specs for this vehicle?

Thanks,

####

Average gains on the upgrade are 11-13 horsepower.

JET Performance Products
800-535-1161
www.jetchip.com
[email protected]
Engineered For Power!

Give the guy a break!

Entropy

"Chaos Rules"

Reactions: dasgalloway

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
Buy it, let us know how it goes.

·
Banned
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talk to Websters

Existing and better are two totally different things!
I do not want the Jet, I do not want the Tornado.
I do not want green eggs and ham Sam I am - popped into my head.
Newbs are here to get info, they may not understand all of the post.
Existing means that something is real. Better means that there is something not as good. Existing in no way correlated to being better.
Your arguement always comes back to go ahead a buy it - its like a BASIC GOTO loop, it does not go anywhere except round and round.
Why not advice him to do a search, give him a respectful opinion, or even try something novel, if ya aint got something decent to say, let other members talk to him. This whole thing is like grad school, the profs are still pissed off about how they had been treated as students, so they are mean to the grad students. It seems this board is the same, the older members may still be pissed off at how they were treated as newbies, so now it is there turn. I too get sick and tired of "which exhaust" or "which intake". Maybe we should have a newbie section, which contains the most commonly asked questions - including posts for there info. Our make it very noticeble
and evident before asking a question try the search and tell people how to use it instead of swearing at newbs.

Entropy

·
Premium Member
4,420 Posts
^^On a side note: I did try out the tornado product on a Camry. No cel. Throttle response was definatly increased and much improved during daily driving conditions. Gas mileage improved in the mostly city driving I did by a few points (I average 26.3mpg vs 25.1mpg w/o it). WOT did not show any changes and when I did long distance freeway runs (SA to Houston), I did not notice any differences mileage wise. I believe the tornado does exactly what the resonators in the intake tract does, except it is more efficient than the stock one in the IS300. Havent used it on the IS, dont intend to cos well not sure if it is worth 70 price tag especially on a 3.0

Ok back to the topic on hand!!!

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
If you have to send in your ECU I wouldn't call it a chip.

Have they installed this on an IS300 before? if so, why do they not have exact data as to what it does?

Did you ask them what it accomplishes? Does it advance timing? lean it out? What?

Quite frankly, the resistor you can "plug into AIT sensors to fool it into thinking the air is colder" technically exists... but they don't do jack, so we don't recognize their existance as a valid aftermarket upgrade.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Personally,
I don't think I'd send off my ecu even for a 75hp gain.. much less 11!!!

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Hrmm, I sent an email to JET to ask more questions and see if they'll send me an upgrade for testing.

If they work with me I'll post the results up for the world to see. If they don't want the product to be professionally tested... purchase it at your own risk.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
I said, there is no chip, and I will quote myself below

There is no chip, in order to create the spot for a chip, they would have to solder a daughter board on the ecu, which I'd bet they don't do. Either way it is crap, the safc is a much better option

-gte
I then proceeded to describe how a chip could be added, further supporting my statement that there is no chip. I then answered the users question about which was better. I will also quote his or her original question, so that you don't get completely confused in all of this.

new user said:
can the jet chip be moded to do the Safc II job? Also i have Zex now if I get a jet do I tell them or no cause I dont use it all the time?
<snip: das>THERE IS NO CHIP IN THE IS300 ECU, so you can't get a chip to replace it with, you have to send the ecu out to have a socket or daughter board installed, that will receive a chip, as I stated long before you valiantly decided to email Jet Ecu's. <snip: das>

-gte

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
entropy said:
As I said, I was looking at all option. I am not going to by it now or later - do I need to repeat that? I am not going to buy it now or later.
So their is no risk to me.

I WILL NOT BUY THE JET CHIP - SAVY!?

Entropy

Lol, what I just did was try to get one for testing so you won't have to buy it and see if it works out, risking your own money.

Let's all simmah down. I await a response from JET.

(although quite frankly I'd much rather hear from Faye)

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
We're arguing over syntax... let's settle it this way:

There is no CHIP for the IS300 ECU.

There is, however, a Daughtercard for the IS300 ECU, which can be installed by JET.

This Daughtercard will accept a CHIP.

Therefore:

There is a daughtercard for the IS300 ECU
There is a chip for the Daughtercard
There is no chip for the ECU (directly)

We don't know that this mod actually does anything, just that the vendor says they can solder one in and it might do stuff.

No more arguing over syntax. We're all on the same page now.

·
Registered
11,891 Posts
^ There is no chip

the daughterBOARD can be added, Gforce and Reg Reimer have been doing this to Toyota ECU's for years

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I think the public considers any modification to the factory IS300 ECU as a "chip". They don't necessarily mean that the chip itself is being added to PCB on the ECU.

"I sent in my ECU to be chipped" = EPROM flash or daughterboard addition. Same shit.

Lets all stop being so anal.

Honestly though, I don't agree with this jetchip as cars do vary and I don't think they have a test IS300 in their shop and they're going to install and uninstall all the mods so they can program your chip. Also, for $400 and no adjustability...it's a rip

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
joecrappa said:
I think the public considers any modification to the factory IS300 ECU as a "chip". They don't necessarily mean that the chip itself is being added to PCB on the ECU.

"I sent in my ECU to be chipped" = EPROM flash or daughterboard addition. Same shit.

Lets all stop being so anal.

Honestly though, I don't agree with this jetchip as cars do vary and I don't think they have a test IS300 in their shop and they're going to install and uninstall all the mods so they can program your chip. Also, for $400 and no adjustability...it's a rip
The forum exists to educate the public and help everyone learn more about the IS300... so if they mistakenly call something a chip, I don't see anything wrong with correcting it.

However, we are all on the same page now. I'm still waiting to hear from JET.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
dasgalloway said:
The forum exists to educate the public and help everyone learn more about the IS300... so if they mistakenly call something a chip, I don't see anything wrong with correcting it.

However, we are all on the same page now. I'm still waiting to hear from JET.

I agree... You're right.

I'm just saying that it's often a misconception.

·
Registered
388 Posts
wow usually when someone talks about "Jet chips" the moderator locks the thread. Search jet and see waht I mean. Maybe this is a special day in IS300.net

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
attentiongetr03 said:
wow usually when someone talks about "Jet chips" the moderator locks the thread. Search jet and see waht I mean. Maybe this is a special day in IS300.net

Thats right... JET has the chip listed as an official product for the IS300. I've given them a chance to prove to us that it works. Still haven't heard back.

·
Not Officially Back
12,205 Posts
Alright Ladies.

This thread has been cleaned. No warning given out yet, but next person to dirty the thread gets it. Stay On topic. No personal attacks. If you can't make your point without calling the other guy an asshole... don't post.

I suggest we wait to see what JET comes back with.

·
Registered
4,881 Posts
I wanna see the results of this Das experiment.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts