Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear of a SUPER Autobacs opening in Cerritos near Beach Blvd. in the near future!! Yeah SoCal peeps...If you didn't know Autobacs is like a Pep Boys in Japan specializing in ricing your car. I hope they bring skilled Japanese technicians as well. No air heads.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pure :p

·
Registered
885 Posts
Here are some pictures I took earlier this month(aug. 3) at Super Autobacs in Stanton. The location used to be Village Center Edwards right off beach and the 22 fwy(corrected) or a block away from Lexus of Westminster. I took whatever pic I could. - Japanese guy kept following me not to take pictures :wink: .

SUPER AUTOBACS ALBUM.

Autobacs Video Clips

All pictures and video hosted by imagestation.

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
tight shiet
can someone talk them to open a branch around n.cal :D

·
Dr. JDM
9,332 Posts
they sell motor oil?? awesome, now i can finally buy that HKS Racing Oil i've always wanted to smuggle over :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Any information regarding opening day? So far i hear prizes, give aways, and jdm car appearences...not sure...

SoCal People this is friggin the shiznit!!! :p This is monsterous to us importers. :eek: Fook the domestics. :pissed:

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
shuggy said:
Any information regarding opening day? So far i hear prizes, give aways, and jdm car appearences...not sure...

SoCal People this is friggin the shiznit!!! :p This is monsterous to us importers. :eek: Fook the domestics. :pissed:
ya, but its still gonna be like a giant pep boys :bitching:

oh and its going to like a Best Buy enviornment where the products are directly in front of you. You get shopping carts and everything! or was it like those push carts you use at them wholesale places? i forgot, but ya! :D

·
Registered
9,720 Posts
they are supposed to be opening in the next couple of weeks...they have everything from rims to tires to mobiletronics, IC, exhaust....i guess you could compare them to pep boys but with a lot better quality of stuff

·
Registered
343 Posts
here's the website..

http://www.autobacsusa.com/dev/index.php

(note, this is not the 'real' website, rather its what they have created so far but have not yet 'released' to the public.. hence the URL ../dev/..')

If you go to www.autobacsusa.com, it just says under development

Also, I read a press release from the construction company that built their store.. the construction company said that the Stanton CA store is the "test" for the US market.. if it does well, they may open up to 12 more stores.. sounds crazy..
here's a quote from the press release:

--
This August, Japan's leading auto accessories chain, Autobacs, will open it's first store in Stanton,California, thanks to the efforts of Jed Bohn, Bob Boyle, Jesse Deyden, Carrie Russell and KathyTombor. The initial store is serving as Autobacs' test market. If the Stanton Autobacs performs well, theyplan to infiltrate Orange County with twelve more stores and then expand throughout the United States.Thus, presenting Snyder Langston with the potential opportunity to construct these additional stores.

The Autobacs store encompasses 43,500 square feet and includes 4,300 square feet of office space, tohouse Autobac's North American corporate headquarters. Autobacs caters to individuals looking forunique, high end car accessories, such as custom wheels, tires, car audio, car navigation systems andinterior accessories. For customer convenience, the store contains an onsite garage with pit services.This enables customers to have their accessories installed at the time of purchase. Patrons will also beable to view the installation process from a 100-foot catwalk, which is attached to the mezzanine wait-ing area. A conference room on the mezzanine level will serve as a meeting room for car clubs and befurnished with automobile memorabilia.
--
Also, word on the street is that Autobacs spent $10 million just in construction.. they're going to have to either do a lot of business or charge really high prices to make back that money..

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I called this morning and OPENING DAY is the 28th. :p The guy at Irvine Subaru told me that in the previous weeks, they had Supra, Impreza, and Acura meets or something. Grand opening should have a party type environment...

I can't sleep until then...

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yeah i live like 6 mins from there in cypress...i always pass by there when going to wal mart...i passed by that place when i went to lex of westminster for my 20,000 service yesterday.....yeah the original site was a movie theater that sucked...i remember watching the 1st matrix there.....

yeah that building is huge....

·
Registered
3,965 Posts
dayvers said:
yeah i live like 6 mins from there in cypress...i always pass by there when going to wal mart...i passed by that place when i went to lex of westminster for my 20,000 service yesterday.....yeah the original site was a movie theater that sucked...i remember watching the 1st matrix there.....

yeah that building is huge....
it used to be an edwards, right?
and what happened to the mini golf course next to it?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts