Lexus IS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Have you heard the noise since the work was done? I'm getting this noise about 2 or 3 times a week and find it to be unacceptable. I just want to make sure I have some document to refer to when I drop the car off at service.
Cayman, any updates?

Car Lost, again, thx for the info. :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Don't have the TSB, but here's what one dealer did to fix the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I got my car back today. Turns out the noise was from a faulty VVT-i controller. Here's the specifics on the service order.

Faulty VVT-i OCV on right hand side of the engine. Found no9ise coming from right side intake VVT-i gear. Removed intake, right-side valve cover, timing chains. Replaced right side VVT-i camp gear. Let the car sit overnight and check for abnormal noise. O.K. No engine noise. Test drive vehicle and check for all DTC code = OK.

Parts:
(1) 11213-31040 Gasket, Cylinder
(1) 17176-31060 Gasket, Air Surge
(1) 13050-31070 Gear Assy, Camsha
(2) 00272-SLLC2 Super Long Live C

All covered under warranty.
I've done 4 of these and they apply to GS300 and IS350 only. Your dealership should of changed both vvt-i actuators. This TSIB only applies to a noise that occurs on cold start only and the noise sounds like metal against metal for less than a second.
Most of the TSIBs you guys are listing are minor things: The one with the vehicle pulling to one side applies to every lexus vehicle made. What you guys need to understand is that you can't just go to a dealership and tell them to do this tsib because it applies to your car, it has to be verified by the tech who is working on your car, so before you bring your cars in for service on a TSIB, make sure it actually happens or else your wasting a techs TIME.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
I got my fuel line recall notice yesterday. It's two fuel lines under the hood. Says it takes about 3 hours to do the replacement.

SSC 7LC - fuel pipe replacement.

I'd like to see the actual TSB on this.

·
Registered
14,187 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
I got my fuel line recall notice yesterday. It's two fuel lines under the hood. Says it takes about 3 hours to do the replacement.

SSC 7LC - fuel pipe replacement.

I'd like to see the actual TSB on this.
I've not yet seen a TSIB on this, perhaps since they qualify it as a recall as opposed to a TSIB? Not sure. At any rate, how much info does it give you about the risk factors with the fuel line, if any?

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
I've not yet seen a TSIB on this, perhaps since they qualify it as a recall as opposed to a TSIB? Not sure. At any rate, how much info does it give you about the risk factors with the fuel line, if any?
It says "Safety Recall Notice."

May be some stress areas in the pipes during manufacturing. A crack may form leading to fuel leakage. In the worst case, fuel leakage in the prescnece of an ignition source could result in a fire.

I read that as if the line cracks and leaks gas, your car may burn up. Nothing really serious. I'd like to see the instructions they issue for this so I can see what lines they are and where they are.

·
Geezer
52,611 Posts
I dropped off the IS at Huntsville Lexus after lunch today. I got a ES350 loaner car. Man did I ever forget how crummy front wheel drive is. I stopped on the way home and got a burger, turned to the highway and hit it like I usually do and it almost ripped the wheel out of my hands with torque steer. It rides like a 1970's Buick and when you hit the gas kinda hard it roars but doesn't really take off that fast. The whole feel of the car is like any of the mid size rentals we used to get at airports, just all mushy and not so powerful and an interior that just feels plain. I'll be glad to get my IS back tomorrow.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts
Any TSIB's for the 2008 yet???

I sorta like my grabby brakes.... but damn they are very dusty and i know they are wearing the rotors a bit quicker than normal.. (in my opinion)

Just hit 7.5k miles....

Also, dealing with some vibrating next to my left ear and a few here and there on the passenger side area.

Haven't pin pointed the source .. yet...

Joe Z

·
Registered
35 Posts
wow most tsbs are about rattles, there are some in my car but i thought that
was caused by my much firmer coilover...

can we just go to the lexus and ask them to do all diagnostic and fix as needed? because i dont like spending time looking for source of rattles its frustrating !

thanks

21 - 40 of 82 Posts