1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
this would be pretty shweet to see

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
This is now our latest Front Page story.

·
Manufacturer of Pipes
5,285 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,623 Posts
I swore you'd post this thread ages before I found out the info. :jawDrop:
:lol: I found out the same way you did (actually, by reading Autoblog), and, it seems, roughly at the same time...

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Within the first week of me picking up the is-f a month ago.. I was approached by 4 well-known tuners to be the guinea pig vehicle for parts development. One of those is a friend of hennesey's and I told them the same thing I told the other tuners.. the 'f' is currently my daily so I can't give it up for even a day! I'm waiting to see if 5-axis releases any of their performance upgrades soon.. that near 600bhp n/a widebody is-f of theirs seems very promising.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Beware, I've read many stories of VERY UNSATISFIED customers with Hennessey performance from the Viper and Corvette world.

Eric

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well now don't I feel like and azz for posting this thread. :blush:
Oh well, at least tuners are starting to look at the IS to possibilities. Maybe we'll get some goodies for the x50s soon.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Can't wait to see what 5-axis will cook up for the IS. As to hennessy, if he comes through it'd be interesting, but i would never put my car in his hands.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can't wait to see what 5-axis will cook up for the IS. As to hennessy, if he comes through it'd be interesting, but i would never put my car in his hands.
Me too! When are the Five Axis parts supposed to become available?

And i wonder since they were developed in conjunction with Lexus ( in a way), if the factory lexus warranty would not be voided by modding with these parts..just a hope

·
Registered
600 Posts
I also look forward to the Five-Axis IS-F, but what I like most about their project is that Lexus is sponsoring them, and part of the agreement is that they cannot use forced induction on the car, which I like.

You know that Hennessey is going to put a blower or a turbo under the hood if they could make it fit. Don't get me wrong, the Hennessey Viper is sick, but I'd never buy a Lexus they modded... talk about expensive (my guess is a total vehicle cost of $90-100K). And I don't know... Hennessey + Lexus just seems like a weird match. It's like asking Hartge to develop an IS-F :lol:

·
Registered
725 Posts
It sounds sorta like how Dinan and BMW have a relationship. Hopefully Lexus and Five Axis's parternship means no voided warranty.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Just means that there are going to be a lot of unhappy Lexus customers from this

Look at all the Viper boards for more in depth issues with this shop and person

No thanks

I have some local shops around me I am going to go talk to

ie: Procharger, and a couple others to see what I can get done, I am going to get an IS-F when I get back from Iraq :cool:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts