Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my situation, need to know what you would do. I have 14K in cash and can pull an extra grand out of checking if necessary, but don't want to take more than that right now. I want a nice un molested IS. Here are my current options.

A) Found one from another member on here. 2001 $14,500. Blue, clean title, 60K miles, needs set of tires, would have to be pick up 10 hours away (over 600 miles one way).

B) Found another one locally, 2001 $15,000. Red, salvage history (hit in rear, had rear door replaced and qtr. skin), chrome wheels, less than 40K miles, really sharp car.

C) Save up some more money and buy something more expensive locally. For instance I called a guy in the trader last night who had a stock 2001 with 78K miles he sold for 17,000. Just seem to be a lot cheaper and more abundant in the north east. Located in Charlotte NC for reference.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Personally, I would not go with the salvaged vehicle. You really dont know what problems can come in the future. Option B sounds fair but the only thing that would hold me back is the drive! I hate long trips like that!
I say, if you can wait, wait! Something better might come!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts