Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need some help, i just got my new wheels racingharts cxs 18x7.5 +42 offset with 225/40/18 pirelli pzeros all around. and now my handling feels really loose especially over 60mph. it feels like the backend is swaying. any insight would be greatly appreciated.
thanks,
noah

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
All the lug nuts been retorqued after drving it some?

Also you need to drive gently for awhile and break those tires in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i just gotta break the tires in and retorque meaning tighten my lugnuts. is that right? thanks

·
Premium Member
52,610 Posts
Torquing the lug nuts is the first thing I would check. It's in the owners manual I think. You should always check the lug nuts after you put wheels on after driving awhile.

The break in, driving carefully will wear any mold release off the tires, and break the sharp edges on the tread grooves. So your car should have more grip after the tires are broken in.

Some tire designs will "nibble" or tend to follow any grroves in the road more than others. Your new ones may be different than what you are used to.

Also be sure to check the air pressure on all 4 tires. When installers over pressure the tires to seat the beads, sometimes they forget to lower them to operating pressure.

Do you have this rear end "wandering" on all roads?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts