Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
You know, "soft" brakes get mentioned here off and on, but aside from one person looking for validation after a minor accident, no one has actaully complained about their stopping *ability*. The mags all rate the brakes best-in-class, and my personal experience is that while they are softer than I prefer, they work really well!

Having said all that, I asked Service to "tighten" up my brakes when I took my SBM in for its 1,000 mile check. Basically I asked them to get the pads to "immediately" start grabbing at the slightest touch of the pedal. I figured maybe putting my request that way wouldn't raise the dealer hackles like saying the brakes are "soft" would. Well, no such luck. I was assured that the brake lines were fully bled, that no adjustment for brake sensitivity like I was requesting was possible, and that the brakes were performing well and within spec. Apparently all true, but as I drove my car away after the service I noticed the brake pedal was more responsive! That didn't last long and everything is now back to "normal", including the real stopping power that was always there when needed.

Sorry I can't comment on your other questions, but "soft" though the brakes may be, they really are [email protected] good!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.