Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi IS300 peers,
i just made an appointment for the 1000 miles service, i noticed my car keep pulling the the left most of time when i drive. i asked the dealer to have it fix, they told me they don't do wheel alignment on Saturday, it that true?? have anyone of you done that on Saturday?
i am going to bring to car in for the 1000 mile service anyway, besides that they forgot to give me the inspection sticker. should i leave the car there if they really don't do alignment on Saturday?
oh, that other thing i have to tell them on the 1000 mile service? i knew the brake is little soft, have you guy asked them do any brake job? please help....

thanks!

·
Registered
163 Posts
yea... all saturdays are short of tech guys... i was at my dealer sept 30 for 1k service... cant do anything that day (brake, winshield wipers and some problems...) then took my car back following week... they took care of my car... i like it now... (fixed the spongy brakes and painted my brake calipers to silver for free... silver calipers on silver car, nice!)

·
Registered
242 Posts
You know, "soft" brakes get mentioned here off and on, but aside from one person looking for validation after a minor accident, no one has actaully complained about their stopping *ability*. The mags all rate the brakes best-in-class, and my personal experience is that while they are softer than I prefer, they work really well!

Having said all that, I asked Service to "tighten" up my brakes when I took my SBM in for its 1,000 mile check. Basically I asked them to get the pads to "immediately" start grabbing at the slightest touch of the pedal. I figured maybe putting my request that way wouldn't raise the dealer hackles like saying the brakes are "soft" would. Well, no such luck. I was assured that the brake lines were fully bled, that no adjustment for brake sensitivity like I was requesting was possible, and that the brakes were performing well and within spec. Apparently all true, but as I drove my car away after the service I noticed the brake pedal was more responsive! That didn't last long and everything is now back to "normal", including the real stopping power that was always there when needed.

Sorry I can't comment on your other questions, but "soft" though the brakes may be, they really are [email protected] good!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
mkaufman
Lexus IS Forum
Community dedicated to Lexus IS Enthusiasts. Come in and enjoy our articles, galleries and information on aftermarket parts for the IS300, IS250, IS350.
Full Forum Listing