Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,221 Posts
It depends on your driving style. If you want the car to slow you down when it thinks you might start slipping or sliding the rear wheels then leave it on. If you want to have "driver control" at the limit then turn it off and be ready to make steering corrections as needed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I would leave it on when you are just driving around. And leave it off when you playing around. If its off and you make a
U-Turn, take it easy b/c I have spun out about 3 times so far. First time it was unexpected and scared the shyt out of me. The rest I was just having some fun learning how to control it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Has anyone noticed that the traction control light seems to come on fairly easily? When at a stop, if I make a left turn with about 1/2 throttle, I will see the light flicker a couple of times during the turn. I have the LSD. I don't think I am giving it enough gas to break the tires loose, so I'm wondering why the TC system thinks otherwise.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Well, one thing you can try is to make those turns without the traction control on and see what happens to the car. I am sure your rear tires are going to start slipping, but since you have the LSD, it may not be that bad. It doesn't take that much power to spin a car in a turn, and I believe IS has plenty of power to do so.

·
Premium Member
15,322 Posts
yup, that wheels slipping light comes on a lot for me, usually i drive with traction on and power off and make realtively mild turns and it comes one once or twice...and im squealin my tires a lot lately too...i put traction off and power on and stepped on it on a straight street and it peeled out...
oh yeah the parking brake has to go up alllllll the way to engage on mine....

·
Registered
446 Posts
with traction control off my wheels slip everytime I give a good amount of gas. I didn't know a light comes on when your tires are slipping. I guess im toooo busy watching the road, making sure I dont take down some street signs. Im starting to like RWD! Plus does any notice the difference in everytime you touch the gas? One time I touch the gas and it has a delay and the next time it throws me back and some times a tires spins.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Man I agree with the gas. I been trying hard to figure it out.

Here's what I found.

If you slowly press the gas, the car slowly engages...... Conversely, if you hit it any harder, the car reacts accordingly.

Sometimes, inching out of my driveway, the damn thing barely moves. Other times, starting from a light with a jerk on my right, the car takes off.

Any other thoughts??

·
Registered
75 Posts
I find the same thing. The throttle response can be tricky and lurch on you at any time. I drive it easy and keep it out of power.
I guess you could try the snow position and always start in second gear, alleviating the problem in traffic jams, etc. Try it and get back to me.
EMC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts