Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to long ago my cd player started to act up. When you put the cd in it just reads error, will not play at all. makes the noises like its ficin to but won't. anyone know whats up with it?? common problem? prety sure there is none stuck in there.

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
its a common problem.

next time use the search function to avoid flaming.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright but how do i get it to be like it used to be. be able to work and play cd's :confused:

:suspiciou

·
Registered
7,622 Posts
Your honestly better off gettin an Aftermarket Headunit, save yourself the headaches.

Go buy a AVIC-D3 =P

·
Registered
53 Posts
haha , I wish i had the money for An Avic D3 right now.

how much is the cheapest used d3?

and i heard that you cant change the music or watch movies while driving,
I find that pretty pathetic lol.
is there a way to by pass that?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Yes, the wire that connects to the brake switch wire, just hook that wire onto an aftermarket switch which runs to power. Now you use that switch to act as the ebrake and fool the dvd player into thinking the ebrake is up. Problem solved, now you can drive and watch dvds, not the safest thing in the world but yeah.

BUN

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have 2005 CD player if you want to pay shipping

I have a 2005 cd player and amp you can have pretty cheap if you want to pay the shipping. I was going to list it on e-bay, but it sounds like you may need it. Drop me a line if you are interested. Can ship Ground from Hawaii if you want cheap shipping.

·
Registered
254 Posts
common problem in is300s. get an aftermarket radio. i have the d3 and there is a bypass. just like any dvd/nav headunit you need the bypass. i can watch movies and play with my ipod while i drive :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts