Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i just installed the intake and i wired in the whole ecu. Took her for a ride and check engine light came on. Also the trac off/snow lights came on too. The paper that came with the intake had pictures of the ecu. One was 2001+ and one was just 2002. Mine being an 04' i used the 2001+, so when i was driving it at neutral warming it up it sounded like it was going to die. At one point it really stunk bad. I followed the instructions but it didnt match exactly with the locations. The colors did though so I followed them. I hope someone can help me!!! I am going to call the number but I cant right now being that it is a sunday so any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
i think you mean 2001 and 2002+. 2001 has different wiring and 2002 is the same for 03,04,05. make sure you screwed the maf on tightly.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no there was 2 diagrams. One said 2001+. The other said just 2002. So I went by the 2001+

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh yeah it is supposed to say 2001. And then it was supposed to say 2002+. So I soddered the wires the correct way and fixed it. But now there is another problem....:pissed: The check engine light is on and the trac off button still blinks but now she has a high idle. Once warmed uped she idle's at 2000 rpm and has no response to the trottle at lower speeds WTF! The catch point is gone, i press on the gas no response until about half way to the floor and the car jumps! Anyone have a clue at was it wrong? I really would appreciate any help! If not i will just call SRT tomorrow and find out what they say I guess....

·
Registered
650 Posts
take a picture of the ecu where you soldered the wires. i'm guessing you probably did it wrong. either that or your r-ecu is bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts