Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's the deal..

the day after my accident, over a month ago... I emailed SRT about prices on the Intake heatshield, so I could budget it for the Ins Co, & order one & a new AFE filter.... both of these items got TRASHED in the accident. They tell me that they have none available, of EITHER part & it will be 3 weeks untill they come in off Backorder... WTF?...ok, no sweat, as long as i can get it before they finish the car since it is NOT only a "shield" but as most of you know it LOCATES the Intake/ MAF sensor & keeps that damn thing from flopping all over the engine bay nuthing else holds it down.

3 weeks later they say it's still another couple weeks til they are in nothing definite..... :eek: my car is almost done......I begged Marken to pull one of these out from a kit & sell it to me so i can get on the road properly as my car was almost ready, they MUST have some on the shelf awaiting orders RIGHT...?? & in 3 weeks they can just replace the one i got & sell the kits no problem, i can understand the reluctance to do this off hand but i am a returning customer & supporter & user of the product....." hep a brutha out!"

The response a few days later is ... " sorry, not possible we have nothing available".......WTF...?? GREAT.... :x

now, another week later i email to ask about the situation on the BO'd shields...& the answer is "nothing yet, but we just ordered the machine to bend the panels " again WTF?????

...mabey they ARE just totally OUT of these parts i mean COMPLETELY no stock at all...... :( ... (recent ebay auction not whithstanding.. :roll: )... & NOT just being uncooperative but with the crap i have seen about SRT in the last year or so & most recently... i gotta wonder? how can a business that thrives on parts sales & sells so many of these intakes NOT have parts for them in-house... mabey they come from a supplier as a whole kit or in bulk whatever, still, i'm left hangin.... i guess all the juice is going to the Turbo's now eh... bummer

My car will be done this week prolly by Friday.... & currently have NO way other than RACER TAPE :eek: to hold the fuking intake in place

SO............................. WHAT to do now...???

if anyone out there has anSRT intake they are NOT currently using that i can "rent" the heat shield from i will pay ya to borrow it for a while, only a couple days if yer not local w/shipping...if local, i'll need an hour, MAX, i'll pfrekin make my own if i gots to,...I just need ONE for a litle while to make a pattern off of...

ALSO.. does ANYONE out there work with Carbon Fiber? or know someone.......??? I would LOVE to have this shield made for me from Real CF Vs the Alloy, it is very simple in shape & should be a really easy fabrication if we can get a shield for a little while to pattern off of...... :(

ANY help will be greatly appreciated... :D

edgy

....Just HATING all the pfuking complications in life some dayz!!!
:crazy: :x

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Well bro, you can always put the stock intake back on. I know it sucks, but I did it for a while. Then I bought the K&N FIPK intake, a little pricey, but it does have a CARB sticker. Compared to the SRT, I think I lost maybe 2whp--ooooooo, such a noticeable difference:roll: No hassles because it has its cert.

You might have to go the "cardboard/masking tape way."

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yo G.

.... yeah, that WOULD work, tho it would also be a royal pain right...?, but more importantly, I can't do that if I no longer have it :eek:

......i never in the WORLD expected this issue to pop up ..... :roll:

I think i'm just gonna have to fabricate one my own damn self...I got one of those ROTO ZIP things & a old dremel tool, a rubbermalley & lead hammer & a vice (or three).. :p Pfuk this,....I bet i can make it work... :wink:

it'll freakin' HAVE to work untill i can make or find some one to make me one out of CF :p

Just when you thought yer plan was coming together veerrryyyy nicely....................alloasudden...RATS!!! foiled again........ :lol:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Spend $5 on a rubbermaid waste basket and use the curved walls (the corners, actually) for the general shape. Then use A LOT of masking tape. :wink:

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stick said:
Spend $5 on a rubbermaid waste basket and use the curved walls (the corners, actually) for the general shape. Then use A LOT of masking tape. :wink:

LMAO.. .NOW yer thinking..... I gots LOTS o TAPE!!!! mabee i'll make a closed in BOX like the A-51 :eek: :D

too funny I can imagine ya sittin there thinkin' about how to do this...just like me right bout now....:wink:

thanks dude

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
Edgy,
I understand your position, however, you have to understand ours.

We were backordered with the intakes for a while in the past and from what I understand are not fully caught up yet to pending orders. Until all backorders have been fulfilled we cannot break up a complete kit.

You can still drive your car, just make an "L" bracket that goes from the Filter to the Fender, this will hold the assembly from "flopping" around temporarily. Send me a PM and I will reply back to you when I can have the heatsheild shipped to you (hopefully in 1-2 weeks).

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
2 suggestions....

--> ZIP-TIES
--> Safety Wire

Either will work for your application. Neither will leave that nasty stick tape crap (don't forget the heat factor).

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
redline814 said:
2 suggestions....

--> ZIP-TIES
--> Safety Wire

Either will work for your application. Neither will leave that nasty stick tape crap (don't forget the heat factor).

Good point on the Heat factor... that sticky tape crap is a pain to remove & it will def bake on there in a few days ...

Thanks doods for the help & ideas... still looking for a CF guy to make a CF one for me... :D

I understand your position, however, you have to understand ours.

We were backordered with the intakes for a while in the past and from what I understand are not fully caught up yet to pending orders. Until all backorders have been fulfilled we cannot break up a complete kit.

You can still drive your car, just make an "L" bracket that goes from the Filter to the Fender, this will hold the assembly from "flopping" around temporarily. Send me a PM and I will reply back to you when I can have the heatsheild shipped to you (hopefully in 1-2 weeks).
I can appreciate that.... but there is no place to attach a "L" bracket TO the intake tube or the Maf housing section ( no tab or hole for a mounting bolt ...) unless i figger a way to Zip tie it or mickey mouse some kind of hose clamp... i just hate mickey mousing shitt on my car or anything else unless it is absolutely necessary.. .which it might just be in this case.....

Thanks for the post BTW... I hope you get it all together again soon. looks like there are some other options on the way very soon for our cars, & they could be viable competitors to this product.. especially if they are able to under cut your price, & can use nicer intake tubing than the adequate Mild steel intake tube you all are using.....that thing is unnecessarily heavy & a bit basic & kinda low budget.. .for 600 bux i'd think a proper Alloy tube should be part of the deal....

It looks like the timing of all this with my accident & all just sux for me personally but it is what it is....

appreciate your time.

ed G

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like i found a local .netter with an SRT heatshield i can use as a template ... we'll see how good i can do fabricating my own shield for the time being...... :D

thx again doods...

edG

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
edgy said:
Looks like i found a local .netter with an SRT heatshield i can use as a template ... we'll see how good i can do fabricating my own shield for the time being...... :D

thx again doods...

edG

BRO, Rubbermaid waste basket!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

·
Registered
908 Posts
Yo Ed,

If you can't get that SRT heatshield from whoever, you can use my stock intake,...I still have all the parts.

And regarding a CF maker....why don't you contact Steve, and see if his CF maker can do it for you.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Superman IS 300 said:
Yo Ed,

If you can't get that SRT heatshield from whoever, you can use my stock intake,...I still have all the parts.

And regarding a CF maker....why don't you contact Steve, and see if his CF maker can do it for you.
I was just going to say the same thing, you can use my stock intake until you get a heatshield.

·
Guru of Supercharged ISs
6,620 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
thanks doods i do appreciate the offer... but it looks like i will be able to fashion something useable this weekend....

Bashar is gonna come by so i can pull his heatshield out & use it to make a pattern that i will then use that to make even a one sided bracket thingy that will hold the intake in place...... at least temporarily....

i searched all over but couldn't find anyone willing to let me tear their Rubbermaid waste basket to shreds for my project.... & every retail shop is BO'd on them currently :crazy:

but thanks any way STICK... :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts