Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
HI just recently bought an 06 IS 250 AWD with the luxury package...therefore OEM HIDs.

For some reason, the passenger side bulb soemtimes doesn't come on. When I turn the headlights off and back on it comes on but not as bright. Then maybe a couple more attempts and it's back to normal. At times, it will go off while I'll be driving. Called the dealership and was told it could be either the bulb or the ECU. Any help will be much appreciated.

Also if it is the bulb, do you recommend going with new OEMs or after markets? Also OEMs are 4,300k. Should i stick with these or go for 6,000k?

Thanks in advance:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im going to take a guess and say the bulb is starting to go, One of the bulbs on my infiniti g35 started to flicker and became less bright and i changed it and it cleared it up. Well if you order HID lights through lexus its gonna cost u and arm and a leg so I would go with after market.

As for what style of light 4000k or 6000k its your choice, I believe 4000k is more of a white color, 6000-10000k is a bluish color and and over 10000k is more purple. Just pick which one you like more, I believe the more purple you go the less range you get.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It could also be a ballast (ecu) problem. If you want to verify if the bulb is the culprit, I suggest you swap the passenger-side bulb with the driver-side bulb. If on the driver-side start acting up after the bulb swap, then it's a bulb problem. If the passenger-side is still acting up after the bulb swap, then it's a ballast (ecu) problem. I hope it's a bulb problem cuz that's easy to fix. You can do it yourself. If it's a ballast problem, then it's going to cost you because it will require you to take off the bumper and remove the headlamp. The ballast is screwed underneath the headlamp.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.