Lexus IS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, well heres the deal with my SRT. We installed it today, and Im having the same things happen again that happened when just the intake was in only this time the car stays at its normal idle and drives but once I step on the gas it bogs down and really hesitates again. Sounds like its choking, gurgling, I dunno how to explain it. Then after I disconnected my battery and let it sit all day, I reconnected the battery, the same thing happens, but my idle is about 200 rpms less (at about 4-5 rpms) and my trac light is flashing on and off again.

The diagnositc computer says Im now misfiring on 3 cyl. right after I installed this, before, with the Injen they were just fine.

Bad computer? We checked the wiring over 3 times, everything is sodered and taped up. The intake is in properly and the MAF sensor is fine.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
well, please list your other engine mods, and we can help you figuire this out.....

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
tsopranoMB said:
well, please list your other engine mods, and we can help you figuire this out.....
Hmmmm ... my other engine mods, HKS Dragger II Exhaust, nothing tooo extensive :wink:

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
4NTOY said:
tsopranoMB said:
Hmmmm ... my other engine mods, HKS Dragger II Exhaust, nothing tooo extensive :wink:
no headers? racepipe?

has your ECU ever been tapped before? does it have the 2001 ECU FLASH?

which directions did you follow?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
you flat out installed it wrong.
Check your wiring like I tole you on AIM.

If that's not your problem, then you have a problem with your car.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
?

Sadly no race pipe and header yet. I had one of the guys do it at the shop, Ill have to have him check it all over using the new diagram Sophie sent me. Maybe he crossed the sensor wires.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
take pics of the wiring.

Just go down and take the ecu cover off. It's only 3 10mm screws.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Re: ?

make sure one he cuts the wire he has the right wire coming from the piggy back to the ecu and same goes for the other side

4NTOY said:
Sadly no race pipe and header yet. I had one of the guys do it at the shop, Ill have to have him check it all over using the new diagram Sophie sent me. Maybe he crossed the sensor wires.

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
I would take a pic but I dont have one anymore.

you take a pic and I'll tell you if it's wired correctly.

·
Registered
340 Posts
here ya go dude hope this helps...

i've had my SRT for over 8 months now, no problems... 03 MT. Hope all gets fixed..

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
4NTOY, keep in mind he has the 03 ecu and yours is different.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Did you buy the intake used? If so, did you or the previous owner over-oil the filter element?

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
ÜberPhLuBB said:
Did you buy the intake used? If so, did you or the previous owner over-oil the filter element?
It was my intake...and I didn't over-oil the filter.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
apparently 4NTOY's issues are that he really has a focked up car....he's had many problems, especially his transmission, and he got his car for under $20k off ebay from what I heard, the previous owner must have driven the crap out of it.....he's posted before that he thinks the transmission is blown as well.....and he doesnt follow directions all too good or follow our advice...

it really doesnt suprise me that he cant get this to work.... :crazy:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, I see shits starting to hit the fan ..... again, thank you very much T.

For one, I paid 23K for the car, with 35000 miles on it, second I have followed advice, hense the reason my car is sitting at my mechanics. The guys at my shop installed it but, its likely the problem is more then they can handle so its up to my mechanic to fix the problem. I myself dont have the time to sit and fix my car being that I work daily till 7 o' clock. I appretiate the help and comments people leave, I have taken them into consideration and I had mentioned all the advice I recieved to my mechanic so he can look at the problem from different perspectives.

Comments like the previous one made seem completely unecessary, the only purpose I can see for that comment was to influence others to join in "coup" of 4NTOY

Just chill! :wink:

·
Podiatrist
22,260 Posts
You can trust your mechanic, that's your prerogotive.

If you wanted to be sure, just snap a pic of your ecu. It's only 3 screws away.

what if your mechanic is colorblind?
What if he's stupid.
What if you tole him the wrong thing and he miswired it again?

All of us are willing to help. we're just asking for a tad bit more info.
There is NO problem with the ecu or intake. It worked perfectly on my car and have never had a CEL. So it's either your car or the install.

·
Registered
18,524 Posts
4NTOY said:
Well, I see shits starting to hit the fan ..... again, thank you very much T.

For one, I paid 23K for the car, with 35000 miles on it, second I have followed advice, hense the reason my car is sitting at my mechanics. The guys at my shop installed it but, its likely the problem is more then they can handle so its up to my mechanic to fix the problem. I myself dont have the time to sit and fix my car being that I work daily till 7 o' clock. I appretiate the help and comments people leave, I have taken them into consideration and I had mentioned all the advice I recieved to my mechanic so he can look at the problem from different perspectives.

Comments like the previous one made seem completely unecessary, the only purpose I can see for that comment was to influence others to join in "coup" of 4NTOY

Just chill! :wink:
sorry Adam....I just call em like I see em.....

:-?

the problem may lie in your entire ECU if it was abused or screwed with by the previous owner....or your friends at your shop who tried installing the piggyback the first time....so, is your mechanic lexus/toyota certified?! does he have the 2001 IS300 repair manual?! if not, then you need to get your car to the RIGHT people and get it FIXED for real....

listen to me and De....we're only here trying to help you and get to the route of the problems..... :wink:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
?

I would give you a picture but honestly I dont have a digital that would work right now, and yeah, my mechanic does have the tech manual but he isnt a toyota cerified mechanic, although he does work on all kinds of hi end luxary cars. I know the car was romped on by the previous owner,e pretty much admitted that, but he was to dumb to even know where the ECU is located. My mechanics checking it out and if he cant fix it, which he should, then Ill get a picture somehow, send it to both of you and then you can tell me whats up.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts