Lexus IS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone! I just brought an IS 350 2008 and it has been great to me. A perfect blend of luxury, and power in my opinion. However. I've been running into a bit of an issue.

The car is 140k miles with service on the dot.
Car has been posting p0302 error code which is cylinder two misfire. I tried replacing the igition coil and still geting it. Spark plugs. Also still receiving it.

The car generally drives smooth save for a few hiccups. When it does happen to hiccup, there would be a severe loss of power however my mechanic had informed me there was to be a Rev limiter. Seems when I restart the vehicle it will run for aproximately two to three miles before check engine light starts to blink.

I have no idea what is going on and I took it to three shops and they could not figure it out. We tried a spray test and it wasn't an air leak. I'm about to bring it to the dealer on monday but boy is it a hefty charge. So i wanted to come to the IS community as a last resort.

Cheers!! Thank you for reading. My friends say it may be injector or maf. Opinions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm hoping you have your problem fixed by now but just in case I thought I'd comment on what could possibly be an issue for other unlucky members. The early Lexus direct injection motors had a lot of issue with carbon build up and they even released a TSB for an upper engine cleaning. It's more common in the older engines and especially the IS250 but they have similar injection systems so I wouldn't be surprised if a few IS350's have the issue as well. There is forum post about an IS250 that the TSB is posted to if you want to try it yourself. Here is the post.

http://my.is/forums/f115/please-help-441372/

·
Registered
3 Posts
Because this website can be a lot useful for those looking out the ways for money online and this can be used for paypal free money so that you get enough bucks in your account when ever you want for the cash need.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts